Week 1 - AFCS

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

So obviously Mariota looked amazing yesterday, but how did the other teams in our Division look?

I know its just week 1, but we can only go off of what we know so far ... opinions can change as the season unfolds.

Colts - L 27-14

Bills could be a very good team this year, that D looks pretty legit ... But the Colts are a SB favorite coming into this year, so you would expect them to win/at least compete.

Bills handled the Colts in every aspect of the game. Offense, Defense, Sp teams ... Colts seemed to be outmatched in every way. I already think Andrew Luck is over-rated, so I wasn't surprised to see him struggle against what many expect to be a top NFL defensive unit. But what I didn't expect was for the Bills to put up so many points. Colts D looked pretty bad. Their 2 big FA pickups are off to a slow start as well (AJ and Gore). Its just the 1st game, so they may pick it up as the get more comfortable in the O.

Colts are still the "team to beat" in the division, but they looked beatable ... It will be interesting to see how bad TY Hilton is hurt. If he misses some time, then that would be a huge blow to their O.

Texans - L 27-20

The Texans have Watt ... what else do they have?

I will tell you what they don't have, an answer QB. Brian Hoyer already lost his job to Mallet after just 3 Quarters. lol

Texans are supposed to have one of the best Defensive units in the league, and they allowed 27 points to the chiefs in the 1st half ... rocky start for that unit as well. Not sure if the Texans really are ready to compete for a PO spot like many experts believed.

Jags - L 20-9

Jags are still the Jags. Bortles really doesn't look any better so far in his 2nd year. Completed 55% of his passes for 183 yards, 1 TD, 2 ints ... and that's against the Panthers which I don't expect to be that great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

one things for sure, if youre a 2 win team from 2014 the AFC South is the best place to rebound and make some noise.

Colts are the most overrated team in the league, Jags have no weapons for their young QB, and all Houston has is a defense. I like our chances..

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Be that as it may, good offenses will steam roll this defense. We can't stop the run what so ever. The chiefs and falcons tore our defense up

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only surprises were Colts and us.

Jags and Texans are bad teams; Texans just benefit from having the best defensive player in the game.

Unfortunately we don't have the Bills defense, so it's going to be much tougher against the Colts.

Still, we took advantage of a bad team yesterday. That was a big criticism against Fisher, with Fisher we only win by 3 yesterday. So, if we can beat the bad teams we are supposed to we have a chance to take the division.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Colts:

I was able to watch the majority of their game. Not surprising they lost. They went into a crazy environment at Buffalo and faced one of the top defenses in the league. Gore was banged up early and never returned so that definitely hurt them. This game was a blowout, don't let the boxscore fool you. Colts put up a couple garbage TDs at the end. The Colts will bounce back, but they definitely have some weaknesses.

Texans:

Caught a little of this game as well. Mallett looked good in the 4th quarter, but KC stopped playing as intense by that time so who really knows how he would've done from start to finish. The Texans can be a tough out if Mallett is the QB that can actually give Hopkins the ball, and they have Foster returning in a few weeks.

Jags:

Didn't watch any of the game and I don't really have to. They gave up 20 points to Cam Newton and no one else on that offense. Their own offense could only put up 9 points. This could finally be the year that we get back to sweeping them.

Overall, about how I expected for week 1. Colts will get their game back together, Texans will be pretty average all year and the Jags should be returning to the bottom of the division. It's not crazy to think the Titans could win in week 3, especially if they take a 2-0 record into their home opener. Colts will still win the division but that would be a hell of a start.

Next week:

Texans at Panthers
    Dolphins at Jaguars
    Jets at Colts

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Preseason. We stuffed the Rams run game. Should that game not count?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The Colts were playing in crap weather and that contributed to their loss but they also looked like they couldn't do anything right on the field even if it wasn't raining and cold. Lucas Oil pampers them bishes.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Colts could be worse than Jags but they will always have the zebras on their side, so they get an auto 14 point swing built in.

good lord did they get coddled after they were getting blown out yesterday

9. Thaddeus43

I'm not so surprised by the Colts O struggling against the Bills D ... Bills D is really good.

But I was surprised that it was a blow out (like you mentioned above, the final score doesn't show how easily the Colts were actually beat). I think we will find out that the Bills O will be about average this year ... nothing special.

I'm sure the Colts O will be able to score against us much easier than they did the Bills, but I think we could have a chance to score a lot against them as well their D.

10. Thaddeus43

I think we have a good shot against the Colts in 2 weeks. It will be our home opener, and the Colts will have a HUGE game against the Patriots the following week. If they still think we are a push over team, then maybe there is a chance we pull off the upset.

If Titans are 2-0 heading into that game, then I expect Nissan Stadium to be rockin' and the Titans to come out with a lot of energy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar