Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Where do you pull that rubbish from?

Where did I say take the oldest QB>

24 games is not even two seasons worth of playing. How does watching for 5 other seasons make him so much more experienced?

You learn by doing.:rolleyes:

2. I just don't tust Collins with the Titans offense so early, Volek will defo start, but after the first few games, after the bye perhaps, Collins starts or maybe Young (but I don't like that idea), but that is slightly unfair on Volek, because we have got a tough opening schedule where are best hope is 2-4...

...I don't like his style of play, and I'm not sure how he will change the Titans around...he won't basically, but he's cheap...

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Collins is god!

Career of mediocrity..

Gets signed.

Plays a few days later..

Completes 53.5% of his passes..

Becomes the god of titan present!:sad2:

You guys don't get it. He was available and relatively cheap. The addition of collins is like adding another billy volek. Based on gunny's logic we should suit up johnny unitas. More experience! Of course johnny is dead. Collins isn't quite there yet..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Prove where I said that logic or stop making stuff up.

5. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It means a whole lot more :brow:

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Another thing Fish is saying that ought to tell you Collins in here to be the starter..."No matter who starts against the Jets, VY is # 2...Now lets me ask ya...is either Volek or Collins gonna be a Million dollar a year # 3 ? I don't think so.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

24 games not enough experience to play...

......according to gunny. Hmmm if you don't play how can you get experience and if you don't have experience you shouldn't play?

We are a week away from the beginning of the season and suddenly billy volek is hurting for game experience? Wow what a bomb shell!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bamarron...

Think out of the box man. We are not paying some super star QB $10mm a year so we can afford to have both those guys.

Volek and collins have a collective value. If one goes down we still have the other. We don't have to force feed vince young if we don't want to. We can still play to win and not just for next season..

We normally keep three QBs right? Well there they are.

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Certainly, at this point we are all just speculating...My point was not that by league standards a million is a lot of money for a QB...But Collins was brought here to play, and Volek will not stand by and watch himself go from #1 to #3 on the depth chart.

As for where we will get another QB...Today they're crawling from the woodwork...

If Billy want's to stay at the # 3 position (and I think that's where he ends up)
    then we'll keep him. I just can't see that happening...We'll see I could be wrong...

P.S. Roll Tide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar