Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

You don't keep 3 QBs who make a lot of money.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Roll - I know it is your forte to take what people say and spin it any other way, maybe you were a journalist in a previous life.

But 7 years or not, Volek has start 10 games and mopped up, filled in for McNair a few other times.

And based on your logic, we could sign Ty Detmer because he has been in the league for 13 years or whatever and he will suffice.

- boy it's fun to BS your way through a topic.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bamarron...crash

You think volek is gone? Well they darn well better hurry. We have a game coming up in a week!

Who in the hell would we get to replace volek in our depth chart? Nobody in this organization. Who is the quality QB that someone just cut loose? Who is the guy that can play but will be so cheap? The guy who would be ready to play sept 10th? Nobody!

The combined cap hit of volek, collins and young is no more than what the ravens are paying one steve mcnair.

What i see in you guys is this notion that this year doesn't matter anyway. Who cares if we lose 10-11 games. Right? It must be if it is ok for you that collins be our only experienced QB..

Who are these stud QBs crawling out of the woodwork? Better and cheaper than volek? That's nonsense!

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I agree...but I'm trying to remember, isn't the veteran minimum around $800,000 ? If it is then a Million isn't that much of a strech.

5. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Roll...Take a pill man...none of us know what's gonna happen...I've discussed what might be. And nobody is as tired of losing as I am. I've like Billy and still do. I'm no longer sure he gives us the best chance to win....If you want to argue more go ahead...I'm done with this subject.

We'll see what happens

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap gunny..

How did i spin anything the wrong way? Either you don't think volek is experienced to succeed or you don't. Maybe if you just had a real opinion instead of smart asses quips you wouldn't feel like you are not understood.

Show me the post where you expressed concern about volek's lack of game experience. Show me that post gunny! Way back in march, april or may where gunny is deeply concerned about that. You were not concerned! Now mediocre kerry collins comes down the pike and volek is inadequate. Bullcrap!

If simply having more experience makes a guy better then tommy maddox should still be starting for the steelers..

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Seriously .... you have to admit that is a weak comment.

8. Crash Override

Tommy Maddox is the sh1t!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and what is funny, I said that wasn't my logic, but no, little RollyPolly can't read and goes on his merry way of making crap up.

There are just some in a long history of you spinning BS.

FYI - 24 games (and only 10 starts) does not make you a vet is what my point was.

I dont care if Volek or Collins start, whoever gives us the best chance of winning.

10. Crash Override

Which is Kerry Collins!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar