Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

OK...I guess I'm not done yet...Gunny's right you do spin things and apparently don't take time to read what the other poster wrote...I never said we could get someone else who would be a better #3 than Billy...In fact I said we would probably keep him at that position...If he wanted to stay..AND HE WON"T. # 3 is a guy who can't really play, but you keep him around in case the unthinkable happens and your first two QB's go down in one game

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

BAMARON - Just forget it, Roll has a history of spinning BS and straying from points.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I agree Gunny. No way is 24 games enough to make you a vet.

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Did Titans fans argue less when we were winning?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nothing to argue about when winning.

6. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I'm going with Kerry, his veteran play is the only factor... If I were Billy here's what I'd do to the whole coaching staff :moon2:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Neither Billy nor KC is expensive. Yes, we have extra money tied into the QB position, but we need it so we don't have to feed Young to the wolves this year. If we got a great trade deal on Billy, we might take it, but we're keeping both. I still think Volek's the starter week 1 because he knows the team and the offense FAR better than Collins can by then. It'll be a contest after that to see if Billy struggles and if Collins gets a handle on things in practice. Why do you guys think this is anything else? Once again, can anyone explain why collins should be able to start after ten days with the team.

I'll agree, RT spins things all the time to make a point, but he's right on this one.

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

from kffl...

Chargers | Still a chance Volek winds up in San Diego
    Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:08:26 -0700

Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers are still pursuing Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek. The Chargers nearly pursued Volek two seasons ago, but they decided to build the QB position through the draft. Volek is a California native who attended Fresno State. He has some control of his situation because his contract contains a no-trade clause. But if he tries to play hardball he could end up being stuck where he doesn't want to be, at the bottom of the Titans' depth chart.

I love that last line :logo:

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's some great evidence, a San Diego paper, commenting on QB status of our team. Real inside info. I maintain that Volek is at the top until someone else is declared to have that role.

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I don't think the point was that San Diego knows what we're gonna do. It was just to point out that there are several teams that would be interested in Billy....At this point, I'm not sure anyone knows what we're gonna do.

And think about this...If you're a week away from the season opener...why not keep you intentions under wraps. Make the Jets guess who they'll have to face on Sunday. Make their preperations a little harder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar