Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Same Old Titan fan Mentality...

Volek is a piece of crap and not worth having but the entire league wants him and is willing to pay dearly to get him! Am i understanding that contradiction correctly?

I'm still waiting for this dirt cheap QB who is at least as good as volek. Why no names mentioned? AJ feeley?

Take note that we go to war in one week..

Funny; volek was supposed to be our starting QB all along. Now all of a sudden he is yesterday's trash.

Career passing ratings:
    Volek---86.7
    Collins--74

I'm thinking we shouldn't just get rid of volek but maybe young as well. Let collins run things for the next 3-4 years. He sure in the hell has a lot of you guys impressed..

Collins did light it up last year. With randy moss to throw to collins put up a passing rating of almost 78!

Time in the chow system:
    Volek 2 years, 2 camps dozens of practices..
    Collins? 12 days

Guys i'm starting to come around to your thinking. Collins is such an awesome stud who would not want him to start for them? Try 31 nfl teams..

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

There's something wrong with you.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:biglaugh:

:thumb:

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

If Fisher won't name the starting QB for Sunday's game by now, then they are seriously considering starting KC. I honestly believe that if he has a good week of practice and demonstrates that he can execute the game plan w/o a hitch, then he will be starting, my preference for starter at this point is BV. He gives us the best chance at winning, sure he's a statue, but he's our statue and has been for several years now. When it looked like he might leave in FA, no one was to excited about it b/c we all knew we needed a quailty QB to lead us if/when Mac9 went down. Honesty is the best policy, and here it is. We truly aren't in position to challenge for a division title just yet. The Jags pulled their cap purge a year or two before us so they are about to hit their stride, and the Colts are in the swing of things right now, honestly, is a third place finish that much bettter than a forth place finish?? My observation of where we will end up no matter who is sailing the ship!!!, so this debate is futile!!!!!!!!! Let's move on. My point is made.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Whether it's Volek or Collins doesn't really make much of a difference to me and I doubt it will make much of a difference in W/L's either. They are both stewards to Young's crown anyway and it appears we'll see him sooner than later.
    I think Collins will bring a more exciting game than Volek no doubt, but both will deal int's left and right...

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Amazing...

Volek is still here and we somehow managed to sign robaire smith. I guess we can afford to keep both volek and collins then..

It's mid week and our first game begins 4 days from now so i think volek is starting... He certainly has not gone anywhere..

I understand zell's point, that if volek is starting then why have they not confidently announced it. I don't agree with the point however because i think the titans don't want the jets to know. I think they want the jets to have to watch film and be prepared for all three QBs. That's why vince young is stated as our #2 QB in my opinion. To make the jets think he will or can be our first option off the bench.

Until i hear otherwise from jeff fisher i think volek is starting and the real #2 guy is collins. Young will play about one series a game but if billy goes down or is simply not effective then collins will get his shot..

It's odd because fisher is a guy who loves stability. He likes that one QB he can count on and a feature back who gets the ball 20 times. This year we will have QB and RB by commitee..

7. I see no reason to even suspect Volek will start. I'm not even positive he'll still be with the team come game 1. And if he is, he may be inactive.

If a player isn't on the active roster on week 1, I don't believe his contract is guaranteed yet. They could deactivate him altogether if that's the case. I'm not sure if that holds for emergency QBs, so if not then he wouldn't even be the emergency QB.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Voleks best bet is for the Titans to release him. No one will trade for him unless it is an emergency. Going from #1 to #3 QB has to destroy your confidence. I don't think he deserved that. I still think he is better than Collins or Young.

9. I do think some team would trade for him. Not for too much, but there are a few contending teams out there in need of a proven backup and would be willing to part with a day 2 pick.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd rather keep Volek then get a day two pick..If we get introuble w/ injuries at QB what does the 2 day pick do for us then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar