Pre-Game Thread Week 2: Titans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Titans @ Jags: Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Titans by 7-9

18 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

20 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. Jags by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Jags by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Jags by 7-9

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Jags by 10-13

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. Jags by 14 or more

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We've got to make Bortles throw it more than 21 times which is all he threw it against the Texans. Our CBs are going to have to be able to shut down their WRs so that we can stack the box and stuff Fournette.

On offense we really really really need to keep the pocket clean early for Mariota. I think he does get happy feet when he is pressured early. Take a few shots down field to Davis with max protection early as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

We better not lose this game! Though I fear that we will because recent history tells us that the Titans just can't seem to win in our own division.

Plus, either the Texans are really really bad this year or the Jags are finally on the rise. And even if the Texans and Colts are total trash, we'll probably find a way to lose against them too.

This game will be very telling, if we rebound from the week one lose and look solid we can chalk up week one as a loss against a really good Oakland by a young team still coming together. Lose against the Bortles lead Jags, when we should be a year or two ahead of them and we are still nowhere near ready to take the next step.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't worry about losing. The universe just could not handle the Jags being 2-0.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Titans win in a confidence-building blowout, 42-12. We hold them to FGs all day. Marcus has a career day and our defense racks up sacks and a few turnovers.

• Cheers Cheers x 4
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee 43 Tarpkitties 0

Titans get 6 TDs all on strip SACs with TD returns. With Titans up 41-0 Mularkey thought he saw something on the home teams D and goes for 2 using a triple reverse to Taylor

Offense does nothing except run ball to midfield where Brinkley executes his long snapping arse off as crisp snap follows crisp snap to Kern who keeps Jacksonville starting inside their own 10 the whole game setting up all those strip SAC TDs

MM8 and that exotic smashmouth will play better vs Seattle cause underpants logic

• LOL LOL x 5
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think we win this one. Don't get too caught up in their week 1 win.

Texans have no QB, and spent the last week thinking about floods, not football. Their OL is horrible and allowed 10 sacks ... that was a franchise record for Jax. That will not be this game.

Bortles completed 11 passes for 125 yards. Fournette may have rushed for 100 yards, but he only averaged 3.8 yards per carry ... Their offense is far from the raiders.

9. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Big test for us this week and I think we pass . Remember this team dominated us end of last year when we had EVERYTHING at stake . This is NO cakewalk . We've gotten better (I think) and they've gotten better. Prepare for wAr but I think OUR team is gonna be ready for the challenge. I'm waiting for an offensive EXPLOSION!!!

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I hope the Jags spend all week worrying about flooding and charity work

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar