Pre-Game Thread Week 2: Titans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Titans @ Jags: Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Titans by 7-9

18 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

20 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. Jags by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Jags by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Jags by 7-9

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Jags by 10-13

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. Jags by 14 or more

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

i think it depends on the matchup, we started behind and never caught up in this game so we had to commit to the pass

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We were never down more than 7 points until the final minute. If you can't stick to the run then, you never will. That's a poor excuse Vondy

3. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Same, when your run game can get first downs and chain a drive together...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

I certainly want to see us run the ball more than we did last week. I just don't want to see it EVERY 1st & 2nd down. We cannot be as predictable as we were at times last year.

Robiskie said, "We are a football team that is going to run it no matter what. It don't matter how many men they put in the box." I get it. They want to be physical. However, is consistently running against loaded boxes smart?? I saw an article over the summer. It said no other RB ran against more loaded boxes than DeMarco Murray. While I get that we want to run whenever we feel like it. I REALLY want Marcus to check us into a better play if the box is loaded. To hear Robiskie speak; I seriously wonder if he REALLY has that option. Mularkey has said he does; but I really wonder if he does. Robiskie says they are going to run into loaded boxes. So, if Marcus has the freedom to move us into a better play; why run against a stacked line? I get it, SOMETIMES you get lucky & break a run against a stacked box. I just don't think the odds are in your favor much doing it.

So I want to see us run more; but I don't want us to be so dang predictable about it. If we HAVE to pass on every 3rd down; it makes it real hard on your QB & WRs. I just want us to get away from the Run, Run, Pass when you HAVE TO crap. I think we got away from the run too early last week. I think we did that because the coaching staff spotted the Raiders points early. They panicked & wanted to score quick. That's just my opinion of course.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

Something else I felt like we were missing last week was play action passing. We are a known running team. When we go play action teams bite on it more often because they know we will run into a loaded front. We took advantage of that a lot last year. Marcus improved throwing the ball deep & Matthews had a hell of a season deep. Now, we have Davis & Matthews who can both go deep IMO. Taking advantage of play action needs to be a big part of our game IMO. There again, you have to be able to run effectively to make it work though.

The RBs did not look great last week. I hope it was rust. They looked impatient & did not hit the right hole at times. Hopefully we are much more effective this week.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm a big believer in passing on 1st down, but those pass plays should have run action and be quick hitting high percentage plays. Then we run mixed off pass play and pass based of run play action.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. kenny

kenny Starter

Exactly.... Nothing wrong with passing on 1st down once in a while. LOL
    Not every 1st down of course; but if we keep it mixed up it will really help Marcus & our WRs out IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. kenny

kenny Starter

Just saw they are making plans for Ramsey being out Sunday........

9. kenny

kenny Starter

They still haven't said he is out for sure; but they are planning for how to cover his absence.

Ramsey being out would be a big break for the passing attack. I really want to see if we can beat them with him. But I will take win any way we can get it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar