Pre-Game Thread Week 2: Titans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Titans @ Jags: Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Titans by 7-9

18 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

20 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. Jags by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Jags by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Jags by 7-9

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Jags by 10-13

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. Jags by 14 or more

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

Titans win 86-4
    They will get two safeties on our third string offense. Mariota will break the passing TD record and Davis will have record breaking rookie numbers.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

My biggest concern is our run offense. Take away Murray's 21 yard rush, and he has 11 carries for 23 yards. The run game consistently stalled and killed drives, especially inside the 30. If we can't run the ball, we are in trouble.

I'm not as alerted by our defensive struggled for a few reasons.

1) Oakland's pass offense is great.

2) We were amoung the worst pass defenses in the league in 2016. We were missing our #2 corner, 3 of our 4 starting DBs were playing their first game as a Titan, and 1 of them was a rookie. Can't expect them to go from worst to first in their first game together.

3) How many 3rd downs were converted with a crossing route short of the sticks and the receiver outran the DB for a 1st down? Now, remember that the DB being outran was the safety. With Sims in, we can move Jackson in on 3rd down for underneath coverage ... he has good cover skills (through the rookie mistakes), and good luck outrunning him.

4) Run Defense: It's hard to load the box when you're trying to scheme with a rookie CB on the edge with Crabtree/Cooper. Jacksonville doesn't have that caliber of WR, Titans will have Sims back, and the box will be loaded when it needs to be.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I can see Mularkey now in front of the men. "Gentlemen, the game plan this week is strip SACs with TD returns! Kern, get your leg ready Smalls!"

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

2 people picked Jags by 14 or more

Guessing that is @Fry and @Jwill1919

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Actually I picked Titans by 1-3

6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I have a good feeling about this game. I think we come hungry and ready to fight. Even though the Jax secondary is pretty good with a nice front 7 - I think we take this win. 17-7

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think it's been awhile since a TEN/JAX game stayed that low in score but I'll take a win regardless of score.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

9. kenny

kenny Starter

If we lose to the Jags AGAIN this year; it will be monumentally embarrassing. It's hard to say you have a playoff team; when you regularly split wins, w/ one of the consistently worst teams in sports.

If that happens; no one here should be defending Mularkey after the game. IDC why we lose. Mularkey should have this team so pissed & ready to go; they break the Jags spirit by half time. Anything less is UNACCEPTABLE IMO. It's a division game against a team that spanked us; & hurt our QB. The HC BETTER have these guys ready to go & fired up. If they come out unprepared & looking like a HS team (like they did in the last meeting) he should just quit. No need for a firing; he should just walk out.

A little over the top.......but I am very much serious about Mularkey not allowing these guys to come out uninspired again. That last Jags game was an embarrassment to fans.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Boring Boring x 1
  10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I say stay away from surprise onside kicks, screen plays to Decker, going 5 wide with an empty backfield with Murray and Henry on the field at the same time, and drawing up curl routes for both slot receivers on the same side of the field. Id like to see Lebaeu actually respond to what the offense is doing. And for the love of god stop making our run plays look so obvious. Dont regress to coming out in power formations with 1 or 2 Wrs going out on routes to better protect Mariota. We should have more trust in our offensive line by now. That just makes it easier for defenses to stop our offense. Oh last thing we need to see more of Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor against their secondary if we want to have success throwing the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar