Week 3 question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There is game planning, just not like regular season games

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

For you

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

There will be 'game planning' in the sense that the players will watch tape, and practice against a scout team, and come up with a specific 'game plan' for the week ... but they still will be fairly vanilla, and won't show their hand before regular season. They will execute a 'game plan' but it will still most likely not include any (or at most very little) of the schemes they will use during regular season.

That being said, this is the game to watch as far as looking at how well the starters are working as a unit. And it won't be quite as vanilla as the previous 2 weeks, but still don't read too much into it.

Week 4 will be pretty much useless other than seeing what players on the roster bubble make the team (which is still interesting)

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Idk... I feel like it's different this time around. Week 3 is our first home game and is against an awful Chargers team. This is probably the worst they've been this millennium. If we can't win that game, there's no hope.

I'm assuming if we aren't able to beat the Chargers that we'd be 0-3 because there's no way we'd be able to beat the Steelers and Texans on the road. The season would be over.

And you're forgetting the fact we gave up 41 points in week 3 last year.

Unless we are 2-0, week 3 will be our best indicator of the type of team we have.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

U kud b rite

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

If we're not 2-1 by week 3 I think it means we missed a huge opportunity. Steelers are on a downslide.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

They still have a qb that knows how to win games though. You can never count a guy like that out!

8. CalgaryTitansFan

Not saying I'm counting him out but we've seen from experience why a crappy OLine can do. Pressure on him will really help. Hit him early and rattle his cage.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

That wont be easy he is very good under pressure and is pretty elusive for a big guy.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

True. But having less weapons to throw too isn't going to help his cause. I don't see this as a guaranteed win, I see this as if we lose we missed a great opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar