Weekly Prediction Competition

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Here’s your chance to be step into the shoes of an NFL expert.

A season long prediction competition has been set up to where a number of GoTitans participants post their predictions on the W/L outcome of all the games that will be played each week for the entire season. On Tuesday after all the games have been played, all participating members are listed on a chart which illustrates their predictions with the winning teams in green font and losing teams in red. Their Win/Lose status for that particular week will also be summarized (10-6 etc) in addition to their cumulative score for all past weeks in the following manner:

[​IMG]

At the end of the season, each participant’s W/L standing is rendered into a number. The member with the highest points wins the competition as well a slap on the back and well earned bragging rights.

The rules are simple and straightforward. I apologize in advance for being anal about this, but in order to enjoy the competition, rules must be put in place. Disqualifications are in no way intended to punish anyone but rather will be enforced to encourage fair competition for all other participants.

1) do not copy/paste your favorite experts’ predictions.. do your own research and due diligence.
    2) Present your predictions for ALL games scheduled for that week before the cutoff time on a single post. Remember to also include your prediction for the Monday night game.
    3) No editing to your posts will be accepted after the cut-off time regardless to when these modifications were made. If any editing is noted, that participant will be disqualified for that week, and his score for that week will be identical to that of the member with the least score.
    4) Make sure that all games for that week have been referenced in your post. Any participant who forgets to add a particular game will not be able to do so after the cut off schedule. That game will be counted as a loss.
    5) Any member who for any reason cannot continue with the competition and requests to end his participation should point this out, and he/she will be replaced with another member from the waiting list. The replacement member will continue with either the average score of all remaining participants, or the score of the participant whom he has replaced (whichever is higher).

[​IMG]

As of now, most member slots have been filled and only a couple remain open. Those who wish to be included in this competition please PM me with your request. Vacant slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Those willing to participate who do not make the list will be added to the waiting list.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Alright.. time to fire it up.
    Participants.. make sure you you put in your picks before the cut-off time. Here are mine. I'll add yours as soon you post them.

GoodLuck.

[​IMG]

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Panthers over Texans
    Bengals over Browns
    Jaguars over Falcons
    Packers over Giants
    Steelers over Bills
    Rams over 49ers
    Saints over Bucs
    Titans over Colts :homer:
    'hawks over Cards
    Vikings over Lions
    Cowboys over Dolphins
    Ravens over Jets
    Bears over Chiefs
    Broncos over Raiders
    Chargers over Patriots
    Eagles over Redskins

Pitbull, I did not make these picks looking at yours. They just happen to exactly match yours. Please don't disqualify me. :lol:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I guess I'll let you off the hook this time with a warning.. :nono:
    "disqualify".. i love that word.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yahoo has a Pick 'em just like this if you wanted to save time.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

will they superimpose my avatar into the score chart?

me thinks not.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I agree..
    and I don't think they'll give me the power to disqualify participants either.. :evil:

-------------------------------

But seriously, i'm looking at it now and it does look pretty cool:
    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Plus the computer does all the work for us and their deadlines to enter the predictions are automated.. not to mention that the number of contendors there is much higher.

I guess if you guys don't object, i think it would be cooler to continue it over there? Unless you want to keep it here..

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I like the thread. JMO but I think it's cool what you have done previously. Don't ask me why but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to another website for something as simple as this. I mean, it's an overall record kind of thing.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I really don't mind either option..
    Its the same for me.

You guys decide. ;)

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Either way is fine by me.

Titans
    Bengals
    Jaguars
    Panthers
    Packers
    Steelers
    Saints
    49ers
    Cowboys
    Lions
    Cardinals
    Broncos
    Bears
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Redskins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar