Weirdest Draft ever.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

I'm not smacking, just really surprised that you guys took Young and White.

Young isn't half as good as Leinart, and White is fatter than me. I'd be worried about both.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I personally think Fisher is getting tired of it... first Reese selected Pac-man after he made it clear he didn't want him, now you have the Owner stepping in and telling Reese to take Young, regardless of the fact Fisher and staff wanted Leinart ( which he is the Owner, so he has that right )... but I personally think it was a last big F.U to Houston before he dies. We need to fire our scouting staff for the Mid-to-late round selections ( With the exception of Jesse Mahelona ). This draft class was a joke considering the talent we left on the board.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

hmmm i smell...

::sniffs...sniffs::

some HATERS :whoop: :yell2:

4. are u kidding me, their pass complete % were basically the exact same, young is a lot more of a leader than leinart and he can take control of the game, and that is something that leinart cannot do, he can throw the ball thats it, vince can run too

5. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I tend to agree with those that say Leinart is about as good as he is going to get, while Young still has tons of untapped potential. Leinart will still progress a some as he learns the ins and outs of the NFL but the potential that Young has IMO completely drowns Leinarts potential. Leinhart will be another Manning, stuck in the pocket most of the time and if he doesn't have a great line in front of him to protect him, then he'll spend as much time either running for his life of enjoying the view of the sky above wherever he's playing that week.

6. Young has easily the most potential. It's kind of like Kerry Collins versus Steve McNair back in the mid-90's. They are going to be patient with Young (at least in 2006). I agree that he is a risk, but if he pans out he'll be an absolute stud.

Leinart, meanwhile, is hardly a sure thing himself.

So is Jerome Bettis. But I'd rather have the Bus in the backfield than you...

Anyone who watched LenDale White at USC knows exactly how good he is. He is good shape now (aside from his hamstring), so I'm not concerned.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Let's see. Oakland, Jets, Detroit all passed on Leinart. Maybe you're worried that you window is closing and you lost perhaps the most underrated key to your offense in James.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Mel Kiper actually said it best...you're not drafting for who's most ready to play this year...but who'll be the best QB in 3 years+.

And that's a good analogy by SK. Who would you have drafted knowing what you know now...Kerry Collins or Steve McNair. Actually, Young is ahead of where McNair was (overall) and faster while Leinart does not have Collins' arm.

Better yet...name me a QB with an avg arm who was drafted in the top 5 and was worthy of the term...franchise QB....AND led his team to the Super Bowl....

Now you know why no one drafted Leinart that early. He has limited upside, he can't throw in the meadowlands, and he doesn't have the gun for Oakland's vertical passing attack.

Next question?

Gut

PS - LenDale White is arguably as good or better as any RB in the draft save Bush...and even Bush didn't supplant him in the USC backfield as they split carries. THAT should tell you how good White is. And if you're still confused, replay the National Championship game and tell me who the best RB on the field was. Or just look at the stats.

9. if they didnt have lendale white they would not have done anything, because we (texas) completely shut bush down which is most of their offense

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

13 carries 82 yards 1 TD
    6 catches 95 yards

is hardly stopping Reggie Bush

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar