Weirdest Draft ever.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Gunny, you have to overlook GhostZ. He tends to look at things with rose colored glasses on:))

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yea uh... if that is stopping Bush, we should have traded our entire draft for him.

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

GhostZ are you crazy? The Texan defense was not good in that NC game. As people have noted you didn't even come close to stopping Bush nor did you come close to stopping the USC offense. They put up over 30 on you. You had a very good and timely stop and basically ended up with the ball last and in the hads of someone USC had no answer for. I agree about the rose colored glasses.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The reality is...Bush took himself out of the game. After he tossed the lateral which Texas recovered, he was out of it. White on the other hand, carried the load and if not for an excellent stop on 4th and 1, White may have been the MVP of the National Championship game.

While Texas didn't stop Bush, they did contain him for good stretches of the game...which is about all you can hope for against such a good RB.

But the point is...Bush is awesome. No one can dispute that. However, White showed up big time in the biggest college game you could have. White projects well into the NFL. And if you think about it another way...

The Titans got arguably the 2 best players on the field in the National Championship game. I'd say that's a heck of a couple of picks!!!

Gut

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's a joke anyone really thinks they know how a draft class will turn out before any ever step on the field.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i agree... and i also agree with you Gut... we took the best two players from the rose bowl game which in my opinion is a pretty good barometer for how well a player will do in the NFL(i'm going to take flak for this i'm sure)... it's the biggest stage and both Young and even White were the leaders for their team (in that game).. Bush is electric no doubt.. but in the Rose Bowl he wasn't his same self... especially after the failed lateral..which I have to say... Young tried later.. successfully...

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

For the things I'm hearing, I'd much rather have Young that Leinart now. Leinart has had a ton of publicity, but I will say I question his ability to lead a team at the NFL level. I've heard too many great comments from/about Young and his leadership. He even said he planned on coming in and, while respecting the vets, being a voice in the locker room. I want that guy on my team. He's a risk, but so is Leinart. Leinart's in a better position in AZ, but he's going to keep them at the middle level, never a championship. They'll make the playoffs a few times, but the guy doesn't have what it takes.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

As for White, he's what I want in the backfield. We invested in Brown, a slick runner with a great burst and a heck of a stiffarm. However, he gets banged up sometimes, and others can't be counted on for needed yards. White goes straight through the hits, he can be our next eddie. I'm pumped, Go Titans!

9. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I thought having a opinion was the objective of the board. It's funny, the same people that jumped all over me for saying we should have never drafted Pac-man... that his production would never compensate for the problems he was going to create... are now saying " Cut him ", " what were we thinking".. ect. But I didn't know what I was talking about then either.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who is saying cut him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar