Weirdest Draft ever.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Texas' Defense was pretty good in the first half. We had a key 4th down stop when Leinart tried to QB sneak it, we had a great interception of what easily could have been a TD pass (and likely would have been against most college defenses), and we recovered the bonehead Bush lateral. Second half...they tore us a new one (primarily using White) until the last 4th down stop.

BTW, Vince did not really try a lateral in the way that Bush did. Bush tried to throw it to some scrub way down the field who had NO idea it was coming. Vince pitched it to the trailing RB on an option play who was fully expecting it might come and who is used to receiving the pitch and who was along the sideline instead of the middle of the field. Vince's was not nearly as risky a play as Bush's was.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Didn't White run for 100 yards and three touchdowns in the first half?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

in a 41 - 38 game there is no such thing as a great defensive effort.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You didn't. Has anyone in their right mind said we need to cut him? I read just about every post here and I don't recall it. We almost all have concerns with his actions but only a blind man can't see his potential on the football field.

Honestly, do you really feel you know more about our draft picks than Reese based on reading a few bios and a couple of highlight reels?

I'm all for a differing opinion but that was a very broad brush you like to wield.

5. wg53

wg53 Starter

Oh, so you mean the play were Vince's Knee was clearly on the ground before the pitch, but resulted in a TD?

6. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

1) I am impressed with how many people responded constructively to my original post. I expected more flame. Here's to ya.

2) Leinart is and will be better than Young. If not for Vick, I'd be on the other side of the fence on this one, but I have seen way too many times how an athletic, unorthodox QB just doesn't cut it in the NFL. Young was basically the perfect college football player. So was Antwaan Randel El, and so was Vick. The NFL doesn't lend itself to that type of quarterbacking. Leinart is a proven winner, a proven leader, and has all the physical and mental abilities to be the next Carson Palmer. Young is too much of a gamble, simply because Leinart was available.

3) Lendale White is a fat slob who cares only about his paycheck. There's a reason why he showed up so fat and sloppy. He already saw dollar signs, and his effort is dwindling with each "$$$$" he sees. Leinart called him lazy. J.J. Redick met him last month and was quoted as saying that he looked like Mike Jones the rapper. I have no questions about White's performance as Reggie Bush's short yardage workhorse in college. I have many questions about his character and his current work ethic.

4) The Titans are slowly and steadily becoming the New York Knicks of football. Abandon your old faithful guys, and sign as many gang bangers as you can find.

5) Thanks for reading. Thanks for welcoming me at your site.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

are you serious?

you are basing this on Pacman and because J.J Redick met an injured LenDale White

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Since you read every post, you know that I was totally against the Jones pick... the standard fans were all over me for calling him a thug and that he was going to be a complete pain in the *** off the field for us. As far as Jones potential... his attitude will get worse as he gets better. All I heard was I didn't know what I was talking about. As far as this draft... absolutely I question some of those picks, knowing the talent that was left on the board. Just because I'm a Titan fan I'm not obligated to say " Great draft " when more than once I was looking at the pick with a big ?. Do I think I know more that the Titans' scouting staff... probably not. But with all the time, money and research I invest into the Titans' and football in-general... I'm not far behind.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

.. i suppose.. but i def. would rather have an unproven VY over a highly overrated Carr

10. First off, Steve McNair was a similarly athletic, unorthodox QB and all he did was win a league MVP trophy in 2003. Donovan McNabb has done pretty damned well himself, as yet another example. Vince Young is not Mike Vick. We'll just have to wait and see how he'll do.

As for Leinart, he's no Carson Palmer. Even Norm Chow has said as much. Leinart was a great college QB on a great offense. So was Danny Wuerffel. So was Andre Ware. So was David Klingler. I could give you a very long list of pocket passers who had very high hopes upon entering the NFL who never amounted to anything.

We'll see what you are saying about him when he's toting the rock against your undersized Colts defense over the next few years. Say what you want about his weight, but anyone who saw him play over the last 3 years knows that he's a top RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar