Well...Vick's turn has come to face Goodell...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

No conspiracy is one of the most difficult to prove, because often there is no physical evidence. The Witness testimony has to be credible. Read the indictment. The 4 witnesses all are giving different accounts. It's not 4 people all saying he was at one place at one time. They may have those witnesses in their arsenal, but it's not in the indictment.

And to another poster, Pacman was guilty of disorderly conduct. That's enough for a suspension according to the tough conduct rules. Again, I thought the length of the pacman suspension was WAY to harsh. But I understand why there was a suspension.

2. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

NFL, Falcons may urge Vick to take paid leave

Michael Vick could be urged by the NFL and the Falcons to take a season-long voluntary leave of absence and to focus his energies on his legal challenges. ...more

[​IMG]

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they don't have the balls to suspend him. if he doesn't comply they will be forced to suspend him. this is so weak and spineless on the leagues behalf.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Investigators putting squeeze on Vick, Emmit says

Emmitt Smith thinks federal investigators targeted Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick to get to others involved in an alleged dogfighting operation. ...more

[​IMG]

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

right. Thanks Emmitt. Arthur Blank's check is in the mail.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Actually I believe Emmit and Marcellus Wiley when they say dog fighting is widely enjoyed by many NFL playrs. Now that REALLY complicates things for Goodell to "protect the shield" if punishing Vick would expose many more players on many more teams. Goodell better grow some and apply the same standard to Vick.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman..

Dogfighting is not only illegal but detested by 95% of the general public. I don't think goodell would hesitate to suspend 10 pro bowl players if they were proven to be heavily involved in this.

I agree he has to deal with vick like anyone else.

In the last decade or so there have been numerous exposes and stories about inner city urban dogfighting. While cockfighting is popular among latinos dogfighting has become more common among inner city blacks. Dogfighting is also related to violence and gang activity.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

He hesitates to suspend one pro bowl player so why would he not hesitate to suspend ten?

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm suprised so many people seem to fail to realize how important this was in Pacman's suspension. In my opinion, Goodell realizes he can always fall back on this to why Pac's suspension was so much greater than anyone elses. Also, I believe the face to face meeting must've not gone well, in Pac's case. Although that isn't public knowledge, and would probably never be given as an actual reason for suspension length, I still feel that had to be another big factor in Goodell's reasoning.

I also think everyone is jumping the gun a little bit. These suspensions take time. Lets see what happens over the next month.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Problem is, if this was the most important thing considered in the suspension, what does that say about the NFL? To me it says they're more concerned with knowing about the trouble, so they can cover it up, than they are in preempting the trouble.
    Now, I don't mind punishing them for not reporting arrests and charges, but it should not be more serious than the punishment for getting arrested or charged in itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar