well, we wont beat the jags

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The SI curse has never affected Vince before, and I don't believe it will start now.

Aside from what Gut said, Fisher must know we have to score early and often and build a lead. We have to start the game like it was the Ravens and finish it like it was the Giants. We have to score early to make them throw more often and provide us an opportunity to create turnovers. And we must knock the snot out of them, too. We can never abandon the run, because we must wear them out by the 4th.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd love to see a 50 point game...

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He was our leading receiver in Houston, and Vince praised his efforts. Glad he doesn't think like you do.

4. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

a YES WE WILL, B ITS IN OUR HOUSE, AND C QUIT CRYING AND WORRYIN LIKE A BUNCH OF BABIES, BECAUSE VINCE HAS DONE BROKEN THE CURSE! he has been on the cover now 4 TIMES, ENOUGH ALREADY! ENJOY IT!

5. Coach_Largent

Coach_Largent Camp Fodder

Pretty sure Vince was on the cover of SI before the Longhorns big 12 championship game with Colorado. Final score - Texas 70 - Colorado 3.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

CAREFUL !!!

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

ok, im convinced....there is no curse.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

We also need to mix up the pass on first down (playaction if we can block them). We can't run it 90% of the time on first down or we'll get into too many 3rd and longs. 3rd and short-medium will make it easier for VY to keep the chains moving. But as you said, wear down the D. If we can put long drives together and control their run game, it forces Garrard to throw to beat us when we expect him to throw against us...not when he chooses to.

Gut

9. titanmeister

titanmeister North End Zone Rules

Remember

Pac did not play down there and they exploited his absence big time. Hence, I don't think Garrard will have the same pass numbers this time. We must be careful to not let him beat us with his legs as he can tuck the ball and run so containment will be big, especially on third down. A big key is to slow them down in the run game and, as in every game ever played, win the turnover battle.

I also think this is a true test for Fisher's motivational angles. In the past he has had success getting us geeked for the Jags and has gotten into their heads. In the past couple of years that has changed 360 degrees.

We need to stay close through the first three qtr's. (and I mean close not down 21-0) Vince has that 4th qtr. ability about him that I felt with McNair in his prime. It's magical.

And last but not least we need to return as fans to the glory days and leave the field with no voice. I personally have become a wimp :banned: the past couple of years and could probably engage in a debate after most games. My goal is to be hoarse by halftime this week.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Some people said that of the Colts two weeks ago...

As for Sirmon, I have the solution to the MJD issue. Start Tulloch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar