Wells left without a deal..now visiting St Louis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My sense is that we, again, are reluctant to pull the trigger here until something is resolved with Manning.

I wonder when our deadline for getting some answer from Manning is? Do we even have one?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd say no.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Hutchinson left too, without a contract. How did that work out?

6. NYCTitanfan84

I agree...because I dont think we'll have the $$ till we cut Hass. This whole waiting game is crazy. I've heard Adam say Peyton could make his decision tomorrow or next week...NEXT WEEK?!?! No way !!

7. NYCTitanfan84

So is that an automatic that the same will go for Wells? I didnt say we already lost wells..but that I HOPE we dont. Besides Wells and Meyers are 3-4 years younger than Hutch..I'm sure their contract will different than Hutch's. I highly doubt either will be signed till Peyton decides what he wants to do

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Next week???? By then the Arizona Cardinals are out (need to pay Kolb $5MM tomorrow or cut him), and I am guessing that both the Broncos and us will not be able to deal with that (both have FA needs that will not be addressed otherwise).

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We can't go signing too many FA's right now without knowing what Peyton's demands will be. If he wants $28 million per, like he was due from the Colts this year, we will already need to make room to sign him (since we just signed Hutchinson).

However, I'd love to sign Myers. I think he's the best center available. It sure would be nice to go into the draft and not have to spend any picks on fixing the o-line. That way we can concentrate on defense.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wells (or any player) would be silly not to look at all their options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar