Went to my first Titans game today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jplusip, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I was in Nashville because my grandmother (who lives in Florida) was staying at Opry Land Resort or something, and when I got to my sister's house (who lives in Nashville) her husband surprised me with tickets to the game today (Club Seats 235 R 14, so I was pretty much on the 50 yd line).

And yeah, that was pretty ****ing awesome. The refs sucked something horrible, but I have no idea how I'm going to give a Calculus lecture tomorrow after that TD throw from Locker to Hunter, I can barely talk now as is. After the last SD touchdown I just sat there thinking, "Please don't lose on the first game I ever go to... for the love of God don't lose..."

And they didn't. Hurray. But yeah, it was awesome getting to see LP Field and all that.

Edit:
    Though good Lord, why is it ****ing impossible to find 2XLT or 3XL jerseys in Nashville? I'm like 6'6, and apparently they only sell jerseys for midgets or something. Also couldn't even find a Verner jersey to save my life anyways, though I would've gone with a Locker one if I could've found one that was a bit longer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Picked a good one.

Last one I went to was vs 'Zona in 09.

3. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

You picked a good one :beer:

4. Darryl_Licht

Darryl_Licht Special Teams Standout

YOU LUCKY DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Glad to hear you're first game was such a cool experience. never been to a home game. Been to games going back to the early 90's (Oilers) but always in CIN, PITT, and CLE. Would love to come to Nashville for a game.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Did you say hello to that guy who wears #18?

7. NC titan

NC titan Rookie

my first game was against houston in 2009. governor sundquist gave me his tickets on the 50 yard line. I went to ECU with CJ and he went the freak off. best time ever at a football game. been a huge fan ever since. live 9 hours away but make a game whenever tha govna is feeling generous

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

my first titans game was an away game here in ny at the old meadowlands back in 03, my first mnf game .... even tho we lost it was an awesome experience to see mcnair, george, and our great D at the time!

My first LP Field experience was back in 07 when we beat the carolina panthers, it was a good game and we won, but not as good as this game was, glad you got to see a good game. The only other time I went to LP Field was in 09 when we played the bills in the throwbacks. I loved it with the throwbacks and the way we played, we scored a lot. Wish I got to the game vs arizona in 09. Glad you had fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar