We're over the cap, but what about carryover?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good call. Didn't even think of that.

You're crazy. We're likely waiting until after July 1st.

2. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

It's all a little too much for me to want to try to understand, so I just look at it like this: If the Titans say they are interested in someone (i.e. Elvis Dumervil), then I assume they have the ability to shuffle things around in order to afford him at a price they hope he would consider - and stay under the cap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So.. with all these FA signings..

how are we going to pay for draft picks?

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I guess we'll just have to pass come pick #10.

It is possible to be under the cap, if only by a few million, and still participate in the draft. We never here of teams not being able to sign their draft picks due to cap restrictions. Why does that not happen.....because that money is set aside. Vin Marino and Ruston Webster understand what they are doing. Even if they have to use a calculator, we will be able to sign our draft picks.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

There are plenty of people that we can cut that are way down the depth charts if we really need to for the rookies. Not really worried about that.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar