Were the Titans "De-cleated"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I would be shocked if the Titans didn't have the proper cleats for the game. It is impossible to tell without getting a close look at someones foot what length cleat they wore.

All NFL teams bring the proper equipment for whatever weather conditions MIGHT exist...whether it be snow or rain or dry.

CJ had no problem accelerating and cutting so I don't think this is an issue at all. I think the Titans had a slight disadvantage in that the Pats are more used to playing in snow and how much they can cut without falling, but that wasn't a huge factor either.

Gut

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This would be an issue if proven true. But if we are so bad that even the equipment manager is blowing it then were REALLY in trouble. I can tell you from experience; not having good footing in the snow will absolutely slow you down. If you aren't confident in yourself then of course your going to second guess your steps. I'm sure most people know that but it seems to have been a factor.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Ringer made a post game comment that he needed "his longer cleats". There was some discussion on talk radio shows that the Pats had longer cleats but Fisher denied it saying that the Pats had the same shoes. The issue is that the titans certainly didn't play like they had the same cleats.

As far as quitting during the warmups- there was NO enthusiasm. Guys were kicking the ice/snow- moving slowly, had their heads hung down,shaking their heads, etc.

4. lockemindatrunk

lockemindatrunk Camp Fodder

cj said in an interview that he couldnt get his footing right and i believe him cuz i saw him run 2 40 yarders and get caught from behind and that NEVER HAPPENS i believe cj would have had a record day if it wasnt for the snow but that wasnt gonna keep us from losing it just wouldnt have been as bad you could tell from watching the game though that the patriots know how to play in the snow and we dont just go back to last year when they embarassed the cardinals in late december its like they get their rocks off when it snows i just hope we do like the cardinals did and get our attitude and swag back after that embarassment

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Helmets √
    Pads √
    Cleats √
    Uniforms √
    Playbook......damn I knew we forgot something coach!

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Titans didn't get de-cleated, they've been de-balled...

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:slap:

Careful- we may have to get confirmation from The Mrs.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar