Wes Welker to the Broncos

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Wes Welker wants a Super Bowl championship. In the NFL, the majority if the teams in the league are capable of gelling and getting hot and winning it. Let's be honest though, the Broncos have a first ballot HOF'er at QB, and the Titans have a young kid who has looked bad at times (looked good when healthy as a rookie) and dealt with horrific blocking and a serious injury last season. It was a fairly easy decision I'd say.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

For sure, and next year we have a tough a** schedule that includes DEN (also highlighted by 9ers, SEA, HOU x 2, PITs and so forth), time to prove em all wrong babyee!!

On the side, I'm really diggin this Ruston guy!! He's tried to do everything he can to give Mike and his team a chance. Good stuff!!

3. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Trust me I'm glad Welker didn't come to Tennessee, he obviously has huge character flaws.

Look at you fools trying to defend this douche bag.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

With the Titans going after Welker and Amendola, it's very clear that they want a security blanket receiver to run short routes for Locker.

Who else is out there that fits this mold?

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Thing is, I'm still really puzzled by all this. We talked about this before, isn't this the reason we drafted Wright?

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

That fn blows.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

hmm.. this one's a head scratcher.. He picked a QB that CAN hit the broad side of a barn? Imagine that. If there are 2 QBs in football that you want to play for.. they are pretty much undoubtedly Manning and Brady.

Silly to be angry at him. Who would you rather catch throws from?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'm impressed we even went after Welker! Guess we will take a hard look at Tavon Austin in round 1!!!

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

So why are we trying to get rid of our best WR in Washington? I don't get it

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I'm just not sure whether to blame Welker or Belichek over this whole saga.

Welker did deserve to get paid. However, he was offered about the same from the Broncos. Why leave your friend Tom Brady over not getting a bigger contract? I wonder who, between Welker and Belichek, really started this disconnect. If Belichek really wanted to get rid of Welker, he wouldn't have paid him nearly 10 million last year just to lose him this year. Welker was vastly underpaid before that, but he just had some bad timing. Hard to get bigger contracts at his age and for his position on the field in the slot. It's a pretty expendable position, especially for the Pats.

I tend to think that Welker was just demanding too much as though the patriots just couldn't survive without him. And he is wrong about that. The combo of Amendola/Edelman will suffice just fine for them I think.

Now look. Welker gets pissy about money and bolts for Denver. Well, we offered more money. So he can't say too much about that now.

Obviously anyone would want to play for Peyton over Locker. I don't blame him for that. But I blame him for whining over money then acting like its ok to take less money to play for a better team. Which is it Welker?

Now he goes to the Broncos, and of course the pats snatch up our target in Amendola. He nailed the titans twice over with that move. I liked Amendola's potential. I think the Pats overpaid, but they have Edelman as insurance if they can keep him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar