Western Ky@UT

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tdo_52, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

QTF!

When Oku and Brown are in their JR years, the UT running game will be frightening for opposing D's.

They'll be a duo comparable to Ronnie Brown & Cadillac Williams.

I live in Knoxville so it's nice to finally see a promising future for the Vols!

I think we'll surprise a few people this year and hopefully pull out 1-2 of the big games this year!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Bryce Brown will be average. Poole actually looks to be the most impressive runner out of that group to me. He actually has some shift and isn't just some guy that runs straight through big holes. (BB)

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Everyone remember Gloat saying this.

4. Deuce Wayne

And remember what I said about the other 30 rbs I've called as being average while everyone else bought the hype- and then finally had reality hit.

Bryce Brown is a guy that was faster than most people he played against in high school. He does nothing special outside of outrunning people- something he's not fast enough to do in college (other than vs teams like WKU that is). He was the high school version of McFadden. And he'll be exposed the same way- sooner or later.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gloat he's more of a power runner than anything else right now. I don't foresee him becoming a Reggie Bush type of burner, that's not his MO.

All I remember is you glorifying backs like Tashard Choice who've yet to back a real splash in the NFL.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Basically every great high school running back feasts off of outrunning their opponents. They're not very well coached and all they know how to do is cut to the outside and outrun everyone. They all do it so don't bring that crap to the table when trying to throw the guy under the bus. If anything, you should love the fact that he has speed since he'll eventually be a between the tackles guy. He's already 220 lbs.

Saying BB is average is just ridiculous. He has shown nothing to warrant him being average. He's played very well in camp and followed it up on Saturday. You can try to debunk his performance by saying it was only WKU and that's fine, but he produced and produced well. I don't know of too many freshman in the nation that are going to run over two defenders at the goal-line the way BB did.

I will agree with you on one thing though, Kiffin is going to screw up royally with Poole. The guy is a player but will never see the field and will likely transfer. But I guess that's the price you pay when your backfield is loaded.

7. Deuce Wayne

Why is saying he's average ridiculous? He hasn't done anything yet. Hell, there are rookies on my favorite college team that looked a lot better than him this weekend against better competition, but I'm not expecting them to be world-rulers.

I'm saying he WILL be average. Maybe not at this level, but in the NFL- he'll never live up to that #1 back in the nation tag.

And other runningbacks actually CUT in hs. They show they have speed, vision, and strength. Bryce never had to. And I doubt he can when he needs to.

Poole is in the same spot that USC backs are. Why do these guys go to schools that have 3 four-star backs? Doesn't make any sense.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I would love to get access to your recruiting service. Obviously you have seen all his high school film and attended the dozens of college camps and nike camps he participated in and seen something that no other recruiting service and college scouts at many major universities haven't seen.

Saying he will be average based on one game in college is just like someone saying that after one game he will eventually be the top RB in college.

But then again, I would expect nothing less from you.

9. Deuce Wayne

One game in college? I said he would be average based on his HIGH SCHOOL running style. Something I've seen a lot of footage on.

lol @ 1 game in college. He played Western Kentucky. Why would I judge him on that?
    He probably faced better defenses in high school.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Like I said...let me know where to sign up for your expert recruiting service that obviously knows alot more that all the other recruiting services and all the coaches combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar