What about Sirmon?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I believe he's mentioned before that he'd be willing to move to MLB but do we know he has the game to shed blocks and be effective in the middle? Also, with Sirmon's contract ending after the '06 season, I wonder if the Titans might be ready to look at Rob Reynolds at MLB.

Any chance Sirmon is cut? He saves $1.5M if he's released, right?

2. $2.4M if he's released. But I think he'll probably stick around and play MLB for a year. Then we'll see next next year if they might want to keep him.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do not post very often but let me throw this out there. We should call Cleveland up and offer them Sirmon for their soon to be ex-center Jeff Faine out of Notre Dame in 2003. I remember we were really high on him that year. Great sign in the lb from the colts very fast and we needed an upgrade. I hope we do not sign givens, we need a #1 wr not a 2 or a 3 we have four or five of them.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Not a bad idea except we would take Sirmons dead money from his contract all this year.
    Verdict, Sirmon stays, moves to MLB, and Sirmon, Bulluck, Thorton becomes one of the best LB cores in the NFL

5. If we traded Sirmon (which we won't), he wouldn't create any extra dead money.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Im curious on how a trade of Sirmon would work cap wise? How would we not absorb any dead money by trading him

7. It's the last year of his contract. There's no future guaranteed money to accelerate.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Now I feel stupid. I should I have known that. Thanks

9. all we need to do is put thornton at left outside linebacker-- Bulluck at ritght outside linebacker --- and our LOL Peter sirmon should be moved to the Middle Linebacker position

10. Yep, Thorton in the weak side, Bulluck in strong, and Sirmon in the middle. Sirmon knows and reads the defense pretty good, and he's the biggest and slowest out of the three, so he belongs in the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar