What about that outrageous ridiculous call?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I thought you were talking about the fake punt, Ben Troupe thing. I saw Neil O'Donnell talking about it and I'm still confused.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe you should hear him talk not see him talk. ;)

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It did look like the recovery was by the Ravens as the Bird had two hands on the ball and was laying down with a pile crashing into 'em. So ultimately, it was right call in my mind. looked to me like he got it. I have no idea what the ref had in mind, but it doesn't matter to me at this point as the correct team got the ball.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

It was a BS call. However, we lost by 1, and had more than one opportunity to put the 2 points on the board needed to win. What encourages me is that even though we have a young team we had enough talent to throw 26 points up on the Ratbirds in the first half. It is all about playing with heart. The Titans came to play today, but didn't have the experience to finish the job. That will come with time. Fisher needs to remember that this team is still too green to go into prevent mode that early. That can work with a dominating defense, but we are not ready yet.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Ref should watch his back until he's out of Nashville.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The refs blew the call big time. The RB was completely upright when he lost the ball. If they had let the play go like they should have we would have recovered. It isn't unusual for the ball to change hands in a scramble for a fumble.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You could point your finger at several plays of WHY we lost the game...but even with all that, we lined up to kick a 42 yard game-winning FG and didn't get it even past the LOS.

All the other things need to be addressed and looked at, but we still failed after giving ourselves a last chance to win the game.

Gut

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's the first time I've seen a fumble pile on like that not be awarded to the team of the guy who comes up with the ball.

I had to explain what had happened to the Mrs & as I was really pissed about the play it came out all angry & she thought I was angry at her. That ref has a lot to answer for! :irked:

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

That is most people's feeling after listening to NOD play on-air analyst. He should stick to the stock market.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Fisher challenged down by contact, not possession. Clearly the ball came out before the runner was down. I don't understand why he loses that part of the challenge, unless it carries over to who recovered the ball. And yes, I have never seen a player come out of the pile and not be given possession either.

On the punt, the "Holy Roller" rule was put into play. It states on 4th down only the player that fumbles can recover and advance it. My question is, since Nickey never dropped the ball and handed it off to Troupe, then it was dropped, why are they saying Nickey fumbled it? Troupe was the last person to touch the ball before it hit the ground, and in my opinion, should have been allowed to recover his own fumble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar