What about that outrageous ridiculous call?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

This holds true for all of us here, If we were to do something that blatantly STUPID from the beginning of the play to the end of the replay. We'd be fired, if the boss could stop laughing long enough.

referee :bully: Me

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

It was the umpire -- Jim Quirk. He probably caught a ride out of town on the Ravens plane.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What pissed me off is the referree's lack of effort in finding out who recovered. Even if it was down by contact, he should've tried to find out who recovered it so he covered all the bases. But instead, this guy stands there and watches about ten guys fight over it because he's just SO confident in his call. I thought it was complete lack of effort. Almost as bad as some these guys we have calling High School games in West Tennessee.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I didnt see tha play, but i heard about it, thats wack

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

My throat still hurts from boo'ing the refs .... The refs clearly knew that the people in the stands were not happy over that debacle call. We kept reminding them and didn't let up for quite a while.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That was the loudest booing I've heard in there in a long time. People were really pissed. (so was I)

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I've never seen the fans that mad.. It felt like they were getting ready to jump onto the field and tear the retard ref apart..

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

About the fumble by mike anderson...

i do not believe we should have been charged a timeout...

Jeff Fisher challenged the ruling on the field that it was a fumble...the ref clearly came back from the challenge and said it was a fumble...however, since he said noone could clearly seen with possession of the loose ball, the ball stays with balitmore...fine...but they shouldn't charge us with a timeout...

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Since the RESULT of the play didn't change (the ruling on the field stands), we get charged the time out. The time out didn't matter since we still had our chance to kick the game winning FG.

Yes, we got squeezed by the system, but that's the way the rules are and every once in a while, the call (or ball) doesn't go your way. The point is, that one play didn't cost us the game. We still had our chance.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar