What about the other player controversy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Sep 26, 2006.

?
  1. Mr "I can't stay healthy" Chris Wussitis Brown

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Mr "Can't carry the load" Travis Refer Head Henry

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Mr "Give me a chance" LenDale White

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

With so much being said in the Vince Young vs. Kerry Collin debate, there is one debate that is not being heard but is equally as important. Our goal this year was to bring back the run. Chris Brown again has proven he can’t stay on the field and be the “feature” back. Travis is good in spurts back can’t seem to carry the team either. It is time to see what LenDale White can do. I don’t mean 2-3 carries in a game but 20-25. We must give him a shot to see whether he is our future or whether we need to draft a feature back with the number one pick we seem to be earning. What do you guys think?

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I agree, one carry a game is not sufficient AT ALL. We seem to be the only team who doesn't want to rotate our rookie RB in for some touches.

3. Give Lendale White the Skins game I say, let him have around 20 carries there...lets give Henry another go against the Colts, dunno what's going on with Brown, is he still questionable???

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Questionable is Browns middle name.

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Do doubt. His agent keep pushing us to trade him so he could be "the guy" somewhere else. I can see him filling that role anywhere in the NFL. Talented? Yes. Explosive? Yes Feature Back? NO

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Henry is the kind of back who usually gets better with more carries. I'd like to see us give Henry three or four games with all of the touches and then let White take over later in the season. I also hope we actually do what Fisher said and actually commit to running the ball. White got off to a slow start with the injury problems and I'm not sure he's ready to carry the entire load yet. Regarding Brown... maybe he shouldn't have asked to be traded. :lol:

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I voted Henry for now. In 3-4 weeks, I am expecting White to start to become impactful.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I can't believe we had only two back active and White only got 1 carry. WTF?! I figured he'd get five or ten. I think he could be dangerous when he's given 20-25 carries. He runs hard and gets tackled falling forward. It's only matter of time before he breaks one open.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Henry should get the start until we see White do something other than 3 yards downhill.

Oh yeah- you should change White's name on the poll to:

Mr. "I spit in your face" White if you're going to knock the other guys also.

I have been down on Henry, but he has been impressive in his off-season workouts, his training camp and the carries he has been given. He was knocking off 7-8 yds out of nothing against the Fins. He's earned it.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I totaly agree. 20-25 carries would prove his worth. What are we waiting for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar