What about the other player controversy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Sep 26, 2006.

?

Who should we have carry 20-25+ times a game

1. Mr "I can't stay healthy" Chris Wussitis Brown

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Mr "Can't carry the load" Travis Refer Head Henry

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Mr "Give me a chance" LenDale White

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

How can we see him do something else when he gets less than 5 carries a game?
  2. should be white getting at least half of the carries with henry, but we havent been able to see enough of lendale to truly know what he can do
  3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I have ZERO confidence having Henry in the backfield carrying the load. Expect to have NO RUNNING game for a while, until they give LenDale a chance, which will hopefully eventually open up the passing game.

Until then, expect a lot of the same from weeks 1 through 3. A lot of 3 and outs.
  4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have a feeling when we see Young we will see White more. White has had that nagging injury and I bet they want him fresh for after the bye week. I have said it before I am not a Henry fan but at least he is on the field. I am not even sure what Brown is doing. If I were him in a contract season I would defiantly be asking for the ball even if my wittle toey is huwting. This is his career right now. If he sits out another season I could not imagine him being higher then a #3 on most teams. Why waist the money?
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

I've been as hard on Henry as anybody on the board. But hey- it appears all the props he was getting for his off-season work wasn't just feel good PR. He looked good against the Fins. And yeah- I agree with Henry the offensive play calling in the second half was ....offensive. Henry deserves the start more than any of the others at this point.
  6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

the difference between Henry and Brown is that Henry doesnt come out after one play with a minor case of turf toe, and yet we still dont put White in and give him a consistent chance
  7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

What Henry are you talking about? The Travis Henry that I saw against the Fins did a pretty good job at powering through some of those defensive guys. I would rather have Henry start over Brown any day. Brown has more speed, but he also must have in his contract to only get 5 touches a game. Henry and Brown had the same injury on gameday Sunday. Henry played, Brown didn't. I know Eddie George would have played. That is why I give props to Travis for trying to be a warrior out there. I actually think that Henry could have been even more effective if they would have rotated him with White a lot more. Oh, and the Titans had 3 HBs and 1 FB active in that game. RBs Henry, White, and Ganther... FB(TE) Cramer. One thing that confused me was the amount of QBs that were active in the game... I thought that a team was required to have 3 active QBs. Did they have Hentrich or Bennett as an emergency third?
  8. smili

smili Starter

On Plaster's show today John McClain indicated White a serious lack of work ethic. Hadn't heard it stated quite so bluntly, although there have been suspicions
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

I think his fat gut, and the empty Big Mac wrappers in his locker caused some suspicions.
  10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

If White actually was a hard worker, he could possibly be one of the best backs in the league.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.