What about the other player controversy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Sep 26, 2006.

?
  1. Mr "I can't stay healthy" Chris Wussitis Brown

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Mr "Can't carry the load" Travis Refer Head Henry

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Mr "Give me a chance" LenDale White

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Except Henry sat out the previous game nursing his toe injury, so he's not that tough, he just had a personal bye week to rest his toe.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Titans have a hard time keeping White, Brown and Henry all active on game day because none of the three play STs. Of course Ganther's ST play of the week might have cost of the game. Thats is why we can expect the least healthy of the three to be inactive for games.

Henry has not been any more healthy than Brown form the first day he arrived. Infact a case could be made that Brown has been just as healthy or healthier and Lendale certainly has had his injury issues.

I really don't think it makes much difference who our RB is. Henry did look good in the first half but couldn't do anything much in the second half. I'm not sure White has the confidence of the coaches yet to pick up blitzes and to be in the right place. I doubt White is better than Henry or Brown as a runner but we can hope.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Okay, so we finally made the 1st commitment to our future. Vince is starting today! Yes he is going to make mistakes and will get hit. Who cares, it’s all part of the growing process. Besides he gives a better chance to win that the old guy “vet” who is make rookie type mistakes. Now back to this posts message, what about LenDale? Both need to be ought there!

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I voted for White.

If we're going to play VY, I say we put White in there, too.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

I say Lendale for a good part of it and then throw Chris in there to change the pace.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I agree. White should be the "carry the load" guy with Chris coming in a giving us a fresh leg that could break the game open with his home run threat. However, for it to work perfectly, we need to have a lead before we can play the ball control game. If our defense keeps giving up yardage & points like the did yesterday, it might be next year before we can totaly utilize White as the running game is useless while trying to come back in a route.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar