What about the TE's?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 26, 2014.

?
  1. 1st

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 2nd

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. 3rd (if we can find one)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. 4th

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 5th

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 6th

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 7th

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with you, TE is a skilled position, no different than WR. Huge difference from 1st round TEs this year (Ebron) then somebody projected in the 7th...

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I wish the option of do not use a draft pick on a te was on the poll. This franchise has wasted way to many picks on tight ends over the years, that never pan out! Either sign a veteran or take a chance on some undrafted kids. I still cannot believe that stevens makes more money this year than walker. And taylor thompson should have never been drafted in any round

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I heard about a defensive lineman who always wanted to be a tigh end, he doesn't have any experience at it but he did sleep at a Holiday Inn express once. Maybe we can trade up for him . . . .
    My hope is that we take a chance with an undrafted free agent tight end to fit our needs.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:troll:

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Do not worry. No one will replace the te on this site.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I disagree mostly because I think Walker had a good season for us and I haven't given up on Taylor Thompson yet. I do believe we either convince Stevens to take a pay cut or cut him to save cap room.

Bear Pascoe would be a good pick up as a second/third sting blocker which is all most 2nd TE's are used for anyway; if we do draft a TE I doubt it would be before the fifth round.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I really don't think Taylor Thompson has been given a legit shot to show what he has yet for any significant amount of time. Most of the looks he got last year were terribly thrown passes even Kendall would have struggled with.

9. Danimal

Danimal Starter

You are right. You can't judge any of our Tight Ends based upon what Froddo had them doing last year. Stevens and Thompson were primarily just extra blockers, when the ball was thrown to them it was usually third and long and they we clearly well covered. I want to see what the Wiz can do with these guys. You can't make them look any worse than last year.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd really like to see a TE that had as little college and NFL production as Craig Stevens and was paid as much as him. The guy has never done anything but made some good scratch. That's the type of career to have! Low notoriety, lower injury risk, good pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar