Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What about the TE's?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 26, 2014.

?

What round would you start looking at TE's?

1st 1 vote(s) 6.7%
2nd 2 vote(s) 13.3%
3rd (if we can find one) 1 vote(s) 6.7%
4th 5 vote(s) 33.3%
5th 2 vote(s) 13.3%
6th 1 vote(s) 6.7%
7th 3 vote(s) 20.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,138
    I agree with you, TE is a skilled position, no different than WR. Huge difference from 1st round TEs this year (Ebron) then somebody projected in the 7th...
  2. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,786
    I wish the option of do not use a draft pick on a te was on the poll. This franchise has wasted way to many picks on tight ends over the years, that never pan out! Either sign a veteran or take a chance on some undrafted kids. I still cannot believe that stevens makes more money this year than walker. And taylor thompson should have never been drafted in any round
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  3. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,020
    I heard about a defensive lineman who always wanted to be a tigh end, he doesn't have any experience at it but he did sleep at a Holiday Inn express once. Maybe we can trade up for him . . . .
    My hope is that we take a chance with an undrafted free agent tight end to fit our needs.
  4. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,809
    :troll:
  5. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,144
    Do not worry. No one will replace the te on this site.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  6. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,809
    [IMG]
  7. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,152

I disagree mostly because I think Walker had a good season for us and I haven't given up on Taylor Thompson yet. I do believe we either convince Stevens to take a pay cut or cut him to save cap room.

Bear Pascoe would be a good pick up as a second/third sting blocker which is all most 2nd TE's are used for anyway; if we do draft a TE I doubt it would be before the fifth round.
  8. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,921
    I really don't think Taylor Thompson has been given a legit shot to show what he has yet for any significant amount of time. Most of the looks he got last year were terribly thrown passes even Kendall would have struggled with.
  9. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,020
    You are right. You can't judge any of our Tight Ends based upon what Froddo had them doing last year. Stevens and Thompson were primarily just extra blockers, when the ball was thrown to them it was usually third and long and they we clearly well covered. I want to see what the Wiz can do with these guys. You can't make them look any worse than last year.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,943
    I'd really like to see a TE that had as little college and NFL production as Craig Stevens and was paid as much as him. The guy has never done anything but made some good scratch. That's the type of career to have! Low notoriety, lower injury risk, good pay.