What and Who will we get

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan769, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Ok i figure with free agency approaching, lets see who everyone thinks we will get in a realistic fashion. If you were GM what moves would you make, keep it realistic this is interesting.

1) Trade Lendale
    2) Sign Ward
    3) Resign King and Fuller
    4) Sign Coles and/or Nate Washington and/or Joey Galloway
    5) Attempt to resign KFC without overpaying
    6) Resign Chris Simms right away
    7) Attempt to sign a CB that can eventually replace Harper
    8) Sign Rocky Bernard
    9) Make my goal to bring in 2/3 of positions of need threw free agency, then draft the remaining need. DT/DE, CB, WR.
    10) Try to sign Vanden Bosch to an extension beacuse i believe he is key to our dline after loosing Fat Al and he is due for free agency next year.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Were not going to trade LenDale.

Realistically knowing the Titans like I do I would be alright with Rocky Bernard, Nate Washington and Leigh Bodden. That's not necessarily what I would do but knowing the Titans I would be good with it.

3. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

id love to get leigh bodden i think he is a perfect fit and would be great playing beside cortland after harper is gone.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I thought the Browns were fools for trading him away. IMO Bodden was more valuable to their defense last year than Rogers was to their defense this year.

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well guess what, if we lose out on AH and Rogers gets released, dont be suprised if rogers comes into tennesee for a few years

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'd love to see the team land Bodden and Washington. Both seem like the type of value free agent MR targets.

I've always had a football man-crush on Joey Galloway and have to admit I'd love to see him sign with the Titans; At one point in his career he had the same ridiculous quicks as Chris Johnson... stupid, eye popping, blazing speed. But even as a fan of Galloway's, a 30 something WR with bad hammies seems like dicey proposition.

Rogers is an idiot. Jason Jones is the man baby (I'm drinkin' the kool ade)

7. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

haha, good points man id be all about Nate and Leigh and then draft WR/DE/DT first 2 rounds. We need to address two needs through F/A and if we do that we can be set. There are good options for us in that 30th pick with WR/DE/DT/CB so if we can fill 2 wholes through Fa the draft will become easy

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

1) Re-sign Collins
    2) Re-sign Fuller
    3) GO AFTER A BUCKING WR. 1) Washington, 2) Coles, 3) Galloway
    4) Sign Bernard or sign another moderately priced FA DE/DT
    6) Draft CB first in draft, IMO, Alfonso Smith
    7) Win the SB

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

I also would like to say, and sorry for the double post but i think it is smart to bring in WR through free agency and here is why. We have Jevon with a year left and harper with a year left. So if you address one of those needs through the draft they have a year to play behind a talented veteran and learn. If we draft WR they will instantly be thrown in the mix and im not sure if DHB or Britt will fall to us and those are the only 2 wrs at our point in the draft that i think can be impact WRs as rookies. My thinkin is that if we bring in Nate and Bodden, we draft WR then we draft DE/DT a jason jones type guy and go from there

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

As an OSU fan I love Galloway but he's finished. Time to hang'em up. But maybe as a 1 year thing I guess the worst that can happen is he's Eric Moulds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar