Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What are we going to do at Center?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Mar 23, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Jamarcus Russell is available.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,977
    It's all Peyton Manning's fault.
    1 people high five this.
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,658
    Drafting a center in the first round is crazy, especially with the need the Titans have for impact defensive linemen. Loads of great centers come out of the later rounds.
    2 people high five this.
  3. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    I would seriously consider switching Amano and Harris back to their old positions. Harris did a great job at Center in our last playoff game when Mawai was hurt. Amano was actually much better at Guard as well. Not great, but not hororrawful either.
    1 people high five this.
  4. onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,487
    I know you're using sarcasm but I still agree with your statement, just not with your sarcasm :)
    1 people high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,499
    I don't think Manning had anything to do with Myers or Saturday. Myers seems to me to have been trying to drive up his Texans offer. Saturday is done, IMO.

Wells was a legit upgrade but you have to remember cutting Amano puts $4.5M or so on the 2012 cap. If Wells cost $6M on the cap in '12, you end up with over $10M invested at the C position. That just doesn't impact getting a shot at Peyton, it limits a shot at a lot of other needs.

The Titans got upside down by signing Amano to such a big, long-term deal and complicated it with signing Hutchinson so moving Amano back to G was no longer an option.
  5. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Why? There are 2 guard positions and 1 center. Why would the Titans be unable to switch Harris and Amano?
  6. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    Hutch plays LG and Amano doesn't fit to play RG.

I believe that's why.
  7. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    I think Amano would fit as Beyonce's replacement in concerts better than he fits at center on a football field.
    • Tip Jar Donor

acqua7 Starter

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $133
    Im not sure what options we have.

Maybe well draft 1 with our 1st (konz) which is unlikely since right now i see us going dline
    2nd round pick 3rd round pick? Try and grab Ben Jones, Georgia; Michael Brewster, Ohio State or Philip Blake, Baylor