What are we going to do at Center?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I missed all the practices but one, and saw him do decent. Saw the game, and he looked to hold his own. He's a leader, good measurables, durable, no non-sense type of guy.. he's a Munch type of player.

His biggest knock is not being "GREAT" at one thing, but good at everything. Wouldn't you rather have a guy who's good at pass and run blocking, instead of being great at just one of them? Another big knock is his mechanics, who's better to teach NFL level mechanics than two HOF OL coaches?

I'm a big fan of the guy, I watched quite a few Dawg games over the last couple of years. (Girlfriends dad is an Dawg alumni/player), i remember this guy paving ways for Moreno as a Freshman.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I really wish there were a way to go back and watch those Senior Bowl practices. Believe me he got beat like a drum often. I know this for a fact because knowing how much we really need a center I scrutinized him big time.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still think we might see the Titans coming out of this with a vet C like Koppen. I think that is their preference. I like Konz but not as much as I did before and don't see him as a potential 1st rounder for us. Obviously if we go DL in the 1st and he sneaks to us in the 2nd he becomes a possibility. None of the other Cs excite me.

I was reading something Munch said about Hutchinson after we signed him and it made me wonder if an OG isn't a possiblity in the 1st round. Obviously it would have to be someone special like DeCastro but Glenn or Zeitler might also be on our radar. Munch said Hutchinson was one of the best college guards he had ever seen and he knew he would be special. Obviously that was many years ago but what if he sees the same thing in DeCastro? Consider the fact that Hutch has played LG his whole career. Drafting DeCastro to step in at RG would be ideal. DeCastro could also play with one of the best OGs in the last decade while also learning from two HOF guys as coaches. Even if we had to stay with Amano (or Harris/Velasco/Matthews) at C having two quality OGs on each side of him would sure make things easier. I don't think Munch would normally like using a 1st round pick on an OG but if he sees one he thinks can be special like Hutchinson I believe he would.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I still can't believe Konz only pushed 225 18 times, what a joke. You'd think for a Wisconsin linemen, he'd be throwing that up at least 25-30 times, but 18?!?! Lame

No way is he worth a 1st round pick. But since it's easier to get a guy stronger than it is to teach technique, I'd have him if he's there in the 2nd round.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I've personally always liked David Molk. The only issue that I ever had with him was the fact that he only weighed about 280. After he showed up to the combine at 299 though I'd love us to take him in the 3rd round. I think he could start day 1 for us and be way better then Amano.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Someone will be picked up before the season starts, after the draft.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We will go DE or DT at 20

2nd round will probably be defense also

Grab a C in the 3rd round. Jones, Molk or Blake

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The big question is, will we start a 3rd round center day one?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just so you know, Amano was a 7th rounder and we let his sorry azz play.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

We could grab a guy as Mr. Irrelevant and he'd be better then Amano...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar