What are your expectations for the second half?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ehh IDK, Im sure theres benefits to not eating meat, but I need my iron and protein to keep me going. Not too enthused by the thoughts of nuts and berries.

2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I don't want to derail this thread anymore but just because you said iron and protein, kale has more iron per calorie then beef and is also high in protein plus a bunch of other health benefits.

You don't have to eat boring just because you are a vegetarian.

Plus I do eat fish, and eggs but I really don't like eggs.

3. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Plus Tofu has a ton of protein and IF you cook it right, it taste pretty good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. amy

amy Starter

Hey, Titans first, Eagles second. But truly, I have an opportunity to cheer for a winning team, and that is a good thing. It makes me happy. Those of you who put all your feelings into the Titans have them flatten about now. But I can at least feel good for a while on Sundays if the Eagles win because we all know that the Titans aren't going to. The rest of the season is brutal. I predict one win, if that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You want that steak blood dripping down your chin. Then you take the heavily buttered bread and run it through the steak blood left on your plate to wash down the delicious steak meat you just ate. Then you chug half a good craft beer and mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you have no shame like me, you pick up the bone portion and gnaw on the meat/fat closest to the bone that you can't quite cut off. It truly is the best part and so damn good.

Add some saute mushrooms and onion on top with a loaded bake potato and that's a fine dinner.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

As a strength and conditioning coach there is no F'ing way I could go vegetarian. Nor would I condone it to any of my clients/athletes. If you're not an athlete or looking to build muscle though then I see no problem in it. Doesn't make sense to me why everyone isn't trying to build or at least maintain their muscle mass but to each their own.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Pretty stupid statement. Considering we are in the same industry.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Why is that stupid? I preach a balanced diet but I would never eliminate meat. You don't either as you still consume fish and eggs so it isn't like you're completely abstaining from animal protein. It would be incredibly difficult to gain an appreciable amount of muscle mass on a vegetarian diet. Not impossible but gaining muscle is hard enough as is why make it harder? No red meat is not the devil either so please don't reference that poorly conducted fear mongering red meat study people love to bring up.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

It's just a lot of people think you can't be as good a athlete if you don't eat meat. I can get just as much protein throughout a day eating vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds.

I have no problem with red meat and probably 99% of the players I work with eat meat.

But the few vegetarians I do work with are just as good athletes as the rest.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Now I'm hungry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar