What can we do to get Jake Locker?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jake Locker is possibly the most overrated player in college football.

Actually... he is. No doubt about it.

He's big and plays QB. So?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Last night was the first I have seen him play...I was not too impressed. I understand the point about playing with heart, but you also have to complete some passes.

He is big and fast, and proabably has a good arm, but did not appear to be very accurate. He would be a development project at best IMO.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I basically see Jake Locker as a less efficient Vince Young without the history of winning.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about passing on Locker...he has certain things you like in a QB, mainly his heart, but his accuracy and decision making need a lot of work. I never saw him go to this 2nd or 3rd WR..if the first one wasn't there he'd tuck it and run. I think this is mainly because his oline is so bad, but as we saw with David Carr, once your eyes start coming down to the pass rush, it is very hard to teach a QB to bring them back up. That being said, there are a few QBs in this draft that I do like, Luck is the clear #1 if he comes out..I also like Ryan Mallett. Later in the draft, I like Ricky Stanzi and Pat Devlin. Now that being said, next year is going to be one heck of a QB draft if Luck stays. You'll have Luck, Nick Foles, most likely Matt Barkley, and Blaine Gabbert to name a few. I cannot stand USC, but Barkley is the real deal.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

As a Penn State diehard, I've followed Devlin's career at Delaware. He is good at everything, but not really great at anything. His biggest positive is his intelligence.

I never thought much of Stanzi as a quarterback. He is a great competitor, though.

Every time I've watched Mallett, he has made a lot of mistakes. I don't think of him as very clutch. When the going gets tough, he airmails one to the free safety. With that said, he has shown improvement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I've only watched Devlin a couple of times, but from what I've seen your post is dead on. He doesn't have the upside of Mallett or Locker....but I really don't see much downside either, especially since he won't cost a first round pick. He makes quick decisions, and most importantly, the right decisions. The ball always seems to go to the right spot. He kind of reminds me of a Matt Cassell/Matt Hasselbeck (in his prime) type. Just a very smart QB.

Stanzi I agree....Ive watched him quite a bit, and he never really wows you, but he is a great competitor. I would just rather use a 2nd/3rd on him or Devlin then a first on Locker, especially if we could get Akukamara or Patrick Peterson in round 1.

On Mallett, I have watched him more then the others, and again, you are right, especially last year. He made a lot of throws last season where I'd wonder what the heck he was thinking. This year he has improved that quite a bit. His arm, while being his biggest asset also causes him the most problems because he tries to force things at time, and as you said, airmails WRs. That said, I am very interested to see how he looks against Ohio State in the bowl game.

Having said all that, I do think Devlin is the QB most are overlooking this year. Luck is the franchise type QB...Mallett and Locker both have tremendous upside, Newton is a freak of nature....Devlin just seems to me as the most well rounded QB in the draft outside of Luck.

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

well there may also be no draft due to the CBA stuff...so it just depends on alot

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

To answer the original question we can draft someone and then wait until the 8th/9th pick in the second round

9. 24

24 Starter

Draft will happen no matter what.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Still on the fence about Locker but I'm getting convinced. Having said that, I'd expect him to be on the board at #8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar