What changed the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The past two weeks, the Titans are playing a different kind of ball. They look like a completely different team.

What is everyone's thoughts as to the apparent cause of the change? For example- change in O-line, removal of Haynesworth, rookies and vets finally "gelling", maturation, different D-scheme/execution, coaching style changes, etc.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

this week, the new look Oline had something to do with it...

I also think the presence of Vince had a lot do with it...he is a winner and brings a good atmosphere to the team...

And I think henry's toughness is really rubbing off on others...

And I think being on the road really helped....not as much pressure....let them just go out there and try to be the spoiler...

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think the way Travis has run so hard behind this line it has given the O-line a burst of confidence. I think the issue with Chris is that they probably looked at the film and saw where they were opening lanes and Chris was just not taking them. Just my personal opinion, but I just see different runs when I watch Travis and even Lendale.

I think too the defense took it upon themselves to play with some intensity in spite of their DC's calls during the last two games. Lamont has to show up the rest of the season or I still say he is gone.

I like the intensity and emotion that the D has started playing. Hope is a catalyst for that as he has laid his body out on plays and has brought back the intensity we had with Bishop at that position.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Keith Bulluck stepping up his leadership role.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Maybe they finally got sick of the fan abuse?
    Maybe it took this many losses for someone to finally see that the old approach wasn't working?

Did anyone happen to see if the clipboard got yanked out of Chow's hands?

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Can we pick up Will Peterson and Junior Siavii please? at least for depth.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd say the players only meeting and the changes on the o-line are the major things

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

You nailed it. Haynesworth and his lazy fat arse is gone (for good I hope), and Piller is out, which means the OL is fine now (please don't come bach Zach)

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Whatever it is i hope its for good..

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

one post? where did the rest of my posts go :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar