What coaches will be fired by the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We aren't the worst defense ever... there are defenses worse than ours THIS year - Saints and Bills. So if you think our defense is the worst of all time, go ahead and throw the Ravens into the mix - they're ranked 28th. We're 30th.

We aren't on pace to give up the most points anymore... and it definitely isn't going to happen. We could give up 31 points every game the rest of the season and we still wouldn't break that record.

Again, you're over-exaggerating.

2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Yesterday Jerry Jones gave the dreaded vote of confidence to the redhead. Not a good sign for Garrett

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

what are you talking about? The Bills have a higher allowed PPG, but we've given up the most points. IDK where you got the saints from in either category...

I guess that 19 point game did wonders for our record breaking chances...Still, we're going to give up 500+ points this season. How many good teams have done that.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

PPG is all that matters... I could easily have called you a retard for not thinking that one through. Well, I guess I just did. We have given up more points than the Bills because we have played more games. Durrrr. The PPG stat will show you what pace your team is at. I still seriously doubt we will give up over 500 points. You're just assuming we will automatically due to the pace we're at. CJ was on pace to end the season with under 200 yards after the first couple games. Did you buy into that as well?

Bills and Saints give up more yards than we do. That's what I'm talking about. And they are clearly both worse defenses than what we have... they have very good offenses, yet still give up tons of yards and points. For the majority of the season, we have been a horrible 3 and out, drive stalling, punting offense... and that leads to our defense giving up a lot of points. Also, I guarantee you that with a good DC, our defense would be looking a hell of a lot better. We have our fair share of weaknesses (DL and safety mainly), but we have plenty of talented guys who can be good in the right system.

Where the hell did I say we were a good team??? All I said was that you were overly-negative and over-exaggerating about our team's failures. Yes, we are a bad team. I never said otherwise. But to sit here and say that we have the worst defense of all time and we will give up the most points in the history of the league is ridiculous. Come back at the end of the season and see how your predictions held up.

I get the negativity. I do. If you were making these claims after the Vikings loss, they'd look a lot better and make a lot more sense. There's just no point in being as negative as you are. Either you're just an extreme pessimist or you're over-exaggerating for effect... because nothing you've said in these regards has been very intelligent.

If you do the math you'd see that the Bills are on pace to give up 518.4 points and the Titans are on pace to give up 513.6. Both would still not break the record. And the key word here is 'pace'... it doesn't mean it will happen. The Bills have a much better chance of breaking the record than we do. It wouldn't surprise me if the Texans put up 60+ on them this weekend.

So unless you think we will give up 35 points every single game the rest of the way, we are not going to give up the most points of all time. I bet we end the season giving up an average of 28-29 PPG - still absolutely horrendous and unacceptable. But not the worst of all time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. pettso

pettso Starter

Minnesota and Arizona are both average teams that have overachieved. They will both get exposed before the season ends.

I think wildcards will be two of the three: Packers/Seahawks/Eagles in the playoffs. Granted, I really expect the Eagles to turn things around in the 2nd half of the season.

6. TheSureThing

35 points the rest of the way isn't out of the question. This team is terrible. Call it overly negative, IDC. I'm gonna be critical when I see pathetic play. We're a JV team at this point.

7. TheSureThing

Eagles are bad. IDK why you put so much stock into them. Bad Defense, Bad Quarterback, Bad offensive line. No way they make the playoffs.

I'd like to see Seattle get a wildcard spot. They were actually my superbowl pick for the NFC.

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I honestly don't know what the Eagles saw in Mike Vick to begin with... he had one decent season so they offer him that big contract and he has not stayed on the field for a full season yet.

Reid could be gone from Philly this season. He has been there for what 18 seasons? No titles other than the NFC championship. I am not saying he is a bad coach, I would love to have him here, but after a while both sides would probably be best served getting a fresh start some place else or with someone else.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Reid is just a Jeff Fisher clone that looks like a walrus.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Norv Turner is a goner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar