What did the Patriots Gain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Plain and simple we got beat today. There's no use in complaining that the Patriots didn't put in their backups til late in the game. Belicheck had a great gameplan to stop VY and it worked to perfection. The only problem I have is the decision to let Vinny throw a touchdown pass with the game in hand, thought that was a bit classless. I don't care if he is 45 years old and will probably retire at season's end. I lost a little bit of respect for Belicheck after that one.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Well..that was my point. A classless move on Belichecks part. He probably gave Samuel an earful for running that pick out of bounds If I know him. :rolleyes:

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

.. when players get paid millions of dollars to catch a leather ball they deserve no excuses for dropping a pass that hits their hands.. (and yes I only remember the ones that cost us the game and SB shot) and the "drop it like it's hot" comment is a term that in no way described the environment at the time.. but instead sums up the ability of drew to drop the easy catches.. a slang term if you will

5. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Did you even watch that game or any other game that year? I remember Bennett making two catches right before that, well there arent many WR's that could have made them. Was it his fault that none of the other WR's on our team could get open and Mac was forced to throw it into triple coverage to Bennett, and he still almost made the catch?

Anyway!!!

Hey, we werent supposed to beat this team today. Watch, the Pats... I think this team will go to the superbowl. The only chance we had to win, realistically was for the Pats to sit all their starters and us play exceptionally well. Neither happened. The Pats never really showed alot, they never bring the blitz like I thought they would. It just wasnt going to happen. We blew our playoff chances when we let Collins play and lost the Miami/Jets/1st Colts/Ravens games!

The future looks real bright tho!

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Drew has to go. I don't think I am alone when I say I don't care about the tough catches he makes. He drops the easy ones when it matters most. Plus he runs out of bounds and avoids contact. He's a wussy, at his size he should be looking and running downfield to punish the smaller CB's instead of hopping out of bounds.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

What is the point of beating a team that is not playing to win? This team needed to prove that they belong in the playoffs and they didn't. It's that simple.

I do agree with BigRed that what they did late in the 4th quarter was classless. I also lost some respect for that team and their coach.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

The Chargers will handle the Pats with no problems. Nobody wants to see Brady and the Pats in another Superbowl..talk about boring.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMHO Belicheck didn't want his team to take a week off even if it didn't mean anything. He wants his team playing hard to gain momentum and I wouldn't bet against the Pats pulling a upset or two or even making it to the SB. They are talented and very very well coached.

By the way, what the heck was Young doing on that play 1st and goal at the one taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away? Seems like Young sometimes doesn't have a clue.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's help out those that don't even understand what happened so we can hopefully put this to rest. You are correct in that Mac was forced to throw it, but actually he was forced to throw it very early. Someone either missed a block or they blitzed, but he didn't have time to let Drew run his route. This was supposed to be a deep ball all the way. When Mac got hit, he threw the ball up high because it was 4th down. Drew stopped his route, and came back for the ball. He may have mistimed his jump, or lost it in the lights due to it being thrown so high, I don't know, but it wasn't an easy catch. He also had a defender right with him. Wycheck even said later is was the coldest game he could remember, and his hands were numb. It's easy to sit in a warm house and critique, but it's a very different story on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar