what do we do about bo scaife?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he signed a one year tender in the off-season and doesn't have a deal in place for next year. he's easily been our best receiving threat and most reliable when things break down on third down. he's even on the field on third down passing downs instead of crumpler. his blocking has improved too.

do we rely on crumpler and craig stevens next year, or do we try to lock him up to a reasonable deal(something like gage's deal)

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he'll probably get more money elsewhere...bobby wade type of thing. And we will find someone else to step in and produce mediocrity masked with substance like we always do.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

It has, but he is still a long way behind Crumpler as a blocker. Alge is a great blocker. I think it depends on how much Crumpler has left in his knees. Stevens hopefully will be ready by next season to contribute as an every-down TE and Alge may be expendable.

I think so long as the team has a a steady blocking presence as one of our top 2 TEs, they will find a place for a receiving TE like Scaife. I wouldn't expect us to break the bank for him though.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Depends. If he wants a reasonable contract, at the rate this season has gone, I would keep Sciafe and cut Crumpler. If not, go with Crumpler and Stevens.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

throw him the ball a couple more times

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A nice 2 year contract wouldn't be bad.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hard to say now what the market will bear, but I can see him getting a bigger offer than we're willing to match. I can see the Titans wanting to shy away again from our own FA's getting big contracts and hoping the high TE pick (Stevens) can fill in nicely.

I still don't think Bo's blocking is really good, and you'd have to hope Steven's getting reps in Bo's absence would help the run game. OTOH, we really can't say if Stevens can equal Bo's receiving ability, which is pretty good. I'd really like to keep Bo if we can get a fair contract, I just have the feeling they'd save the coin and go with Stevens.

Of course everything will have to be broken down into matter of importance at season's end, and I think we all feel AH is priority numero uno. And is KVB in the last year of his deal too? Or does it go through '09?

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So would I.

9. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

Don't forget he's got a great rapport on and off the field with Vince. If we plan on building around VY, Bo would help. That and Bo Scaife is my favorite player...just a really focused team player with the nack for the big play.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Bo continues as he has so far, I think the Titans will try to keep him. He may even be extended before the end of the season if there is cap room. Bironas, Fuller and B. Jones are also in the same boat.

The problem is these guys all usually end up "testing the waters" because of the stupid money being paid out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar