what do we do about bo scaife?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

As good as he's looked this year, there's no way they don't pursue an extension. And if they can't reach an agreement with him, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of tagging him, which would cost around $5M.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Crump wont be around for more than 3 more seasons, Scafie is good and has more time

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

With our top receivers like Gage, McCareins, and Jones saying someone is the best of that group is similar to them winning the special olympics.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Scaife will be gone next year. So will be jones, mccareins, fuller, reynaldo and yes maybe bironis. That's the price we will have to pay to keep haynesworth and collins. Hopefully we can get deals for king and loper 2 good depth guys who won't cost much and we will need to get some good WRs.

The key here in my mind is to draft TEs and WRs rather than looking for a big DT and another QB.

In short we probably can't afford him and with the numbers he will have this year he will get $4.5 maybe even $5 million a year. Scaife is on pace for 700 yards.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

trade him while his value is somewhat high

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Collins will be gone. We aren't stupid, or not stupid enough to pay a 37 year old quarterback any sort of money, and unproductive one at that.

Scaife and Fat Albert will likely stay, Scaife because of his friendship with Young and other teamates. Albert because of his history with Tennessee (college, etc).

BJ, McCareins, Bironas, and KFC will all likely leave.

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

I don't think Bironas will leave.....he is an integral part of our success and I really think he enjoys it.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Not saying he doesn't enjoy it, but whos to say he can't enjoy it and millions more somewhere else? Kickers are a dime a dozen in this league, so there would be no reason to overpay him, unless he truely wants to stay with the team and is willing to take less then he would get somewhere else.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no way we let bironas leave. the way we play we need a reliable kicker.

10. smili

smili Starter

FWIW, I think you have to make a solid offer to Scaife. He may be our most competent receiver. Obviously Haynesworth gets the most attention, but after that Scaife. We need at least 2 good TE. I'm not convinced the new guy is ready, and Crumpler does not seem the threat he once was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar