What do we need more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jmac1383, Jan 3, 2008.

?
  1. Wide Reciever

24 vote(s)
    82.8%
  2. Running Back

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. DT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. G

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

What Position do we need more for '08? Lendal White done well here and there. But is the back for '08? Is Chris Brown going to stay? And then people have been saying they we need one great WR to be great. Then again once big AL ( if we keep him) then it looks like we need to be able to get him at least a replacement in case he misses many games like this year. Then it has been said that Olison (sp?) may retire after this year. So who do we need to get. What do we get as FA and who do we need to draft first?

2. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

My gut tells me that we'll re-sign Al. Fish is a defensive-minded coach, and he knows we're flat as Coca-cola classic without him.

Our biggest need is WR, but we do NOT need to gamble on draft picks at that position this year. I say we find us a MLB in the draft, or a DE that can play opposite of KVB (my dream would be the kid from Aubarn...Quinton Groves, or a Wallace Gilberry from Bama). Q. Groves is a OLB...the same position Robert Mathis played at Alabama A&M (I was enrolled there when he was played. We actually hung out with some of the same people).

But yeah...we need a WR in free agency (or trade maybe?), and beef up the DE/LB position in the draft.

And get Adamn Jones back on the football field.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

TE. Three of our TEs are unrestricted FAs after 07. I can see us offering something to Bo, but not the others.
    Offense has been our weakness this year. We can't stay on the field. Too much, "1,2,3 Kick".
    We need a stud RB to compliment White. A high draft pick.
    We need WRs, but they need to be NFL experienced. I would, however, spend a late draft pick on the position. (the Titans don't have luck picking WRs in the draft)
    REPLACE HILL with a trained goat or something!
    The cheerleaders uniforms need to get progressively smaller.
    But I see the Titans going with a RB or TE with their first pick.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't understand why people think RB could be our biggest concern going into next season.

LW- 303 carries, 1110 yards, averaging 3.7 a carry, with 7 tds. Pretty good stats for our starter.

Chris Henry didn't get many carries, but he was a second round pick that looks tough and quick. Hopefully next year he gets around 3 times the amount of carries (from 31 this year to around 100) and be a nice change of pace in a RBBC or a capable replacement if LW were to go down.

I understand people want our running game to look even better, but I don't think it's close to being our biggest NEED.

Behind WR, I would say DT simply because without AH we were nothing defensively and if we are going to run the D the way we have, we simply need depth and strength at DT. Also, AH will never finish a full healthy season in the NFL imo.

TE, OL, DB all needs as well before RB in my opinion.

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Give vince a go to guy,someone proven in FA or trade(pac). Closely followed by a big asskicking DT to Join Al in terrorising every QB we face.:thumb:

6. MttyTitan

MttyTitan Guest

Im all with des and i will add a TE in the second round

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Thanks.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

As long as the current roster stays similar (mainly keeping Al), a TE is what I want to see most. Followed by WR.

Well really the one player I'd like to see above all is a stud RB, I just don't think we'll go all out for one (may sign a decent FA).

9. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I will say this much: we can't go through another "Travis Henry" situation, meaning, we can't let a key player go through free-agency. Re-sign Haynesworth, and whoever else is headed for free-agency.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Because there's no depth. If LenDale gets hurt, and he has had problems this year, we're left with Chris Henry and Brown (if we re-sign him). Chris could be good but hasn't shown it yet IMO.
    I think we have a chance to go deep into next years playoffs if we can keep our roster intact. But we also have to improve our offense, WRs, TEs and atleast one more STUD RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar