What do we need more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jmac1383, Jan 3, 2008.

?
  1. Wide Reciever

24 vote(s)
    82.8%
  2. Running Back

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. DT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. G

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The last two seasons, we have taken a RB in the second round. Do we really need to draft another first day RB, or sign a top FA RB??? You know what would insure more success in the running game??? A passing game so that our running backs aren't always facing eight and nine in the box. I would start with wide receiver, but beyond that, it is imperitive that the Titans draft or sign a stud at guard, or center, or both. Then a big ugly along the D-Line. This team will then become very dangerous.

2. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I'll name a few people that would help are team in the draft....

DeSean Jackson, WR, California/ what a playmaker this kid is! He would be a great WR, PR, and KR for us.

Early Doucet, WR, LSU/ SPEED this kid has all kinds of it! Big playmaker in the waiting!

Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida/ I've been watching this kid for three years now and all I know is that he can flat out play ball! Reminds me a lot of Javon aKa the freak.

Fred Davis, TE, USC/ Quick ok blocker and very good hands. Has the making of a great TE down the road

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

IDK why everyone here is wanting a DE. Is Odom chopped liver all of a sudden? Him and KVB are arguably the best bull-rushing duo in the league. I mean, those guys just exhaust the tackles that are trying to block them all game.

Here is my needs list

1. WR
    2. OG
    3. DT
    4. C (depends where Harris plays, but Kevin has been crap this year and Olsen is retiring..so C could be #2)
    5. SS/CB (all depends on Hope and Pacman)

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Odom and LaBoy are RFAs so we may not keep them.

I hope we draft a guard early, but I don't think we have drafted one high in ages.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because the way our offense is set up RB is the most important skill position, and we are very average there.

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I know that, but I really expect us to resign Odom. the guy is a manchild. Im about 99% confident we sign him and let Laboy walk.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Sure. If the others aren't panning out. Wouldn't be the first time a 1st rounder didn't pan out.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If we resign Odom and let LaBoy go like you say, we still need depth. Odom hasn't done much till this year and has been injured some in his 1st 3 years.

We can't get too carried away by one year. And even this year, he's a part time DE compared to KVB. He misses a lot of snaps. Maybe they've realized they need to pair him up with someone to be most effective. I do want him back, but I think we could use another good DE.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

With Roydell and Scaifes injury, so much for that valuable playoff experience for our WRs and starting TE.

That furthers my belief that WR is the number1 position of need next year.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Are we so spoiled that we have a running back run for over 1100 yards, with 3.7 YPC, stayed healthy, and all of that against eight and nine in the box??? You want to see a good running game next season??? Give us a good WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar