What do we still need to do?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Okay, we cut some dead wood. We upgrade in some positions. We still have major needs in others. What’s next?

We still need some depth at DE & OL. We still have certain trade bait. Billy Volek, Travis Henry, Erron Kinney, Peter Sirmon & Lamont Thompson are our best choice to shop right now. Peter and his cap figure could be replaced by Tullock & Colby Bockwoldt. BV & TH both are on the list for obvious reasons. Kinney is the one I’d hate to lose. However we can clear more cap space while addressing needs. Our other corps of TE seem to be performing well. What options do you guys see?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Outside of a BV trade before sunday I can't see any more player changes this season. It would take another team losing a key starter for the season to get the ball rolling on any of the others moving.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't understand why anyone thinks there is trade value for Volek. He is a #2. The only reason someone trades much of anything for a #2 is because they think he is a long-term answer as their #1 (Jake Delhomme).

The only way the Titans get anything for him will be if a QB goes down somewhere. I think the Titans need the insurance as much as anyone in the league.

5. Agreed. We couldn't even get anything better than a 4th for McNair and to me, he is way better than Volek. Also, why do some people want to get rid of the BIG CHEESE. He has done about the same in preseason as Chris Brown as yards per carry goes but seems to me that he is more of a power runner than chris brown (and less likely to get hurt). Brown will probably get hurt this season and White still needs time to develop. IMO, if anybody needs to be gotten rid of on this team, it needs to be Tom Collins.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Something needs to be done about Lamont Thompson. I think the guy sucks. I don't know why anyone would trade for him. Because of the game being moved to the afternoon last Friday I did not see it... but I saw Lamont get beat and then chase the man out of bounds something like 40 yards after the catch. (espn) The receiver gashed through the middle... where he caught it in Thompson's zone right in front of him... :barf: I don't even care to describe it further...:irked: It set up 1st and goal from the 6 ... something like that. Lamont Thompson is a glaring weakness. Maybe I'm wrong... other posters here are better at breaking down a replay but that's what I saw... Lamont did chase him down... perhaps someone should have tackled the receiver prior... I fear for the deep balls...:sad2:

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that was blown coverage by Hill, he admitted to it after the game plus it was in the paper

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Travis and LeDale are the same type of back. Thus if Chris goes down the only benefit I see is depth. Having the 3 gives us good depth. My point is if there is a way to upgrade needs in other areas, Travis would be the most expendable of the 3. I would rather keep him if possible. In the same way I would hate to lose EK. But do to the production of our other TEs & his cap figure, he might be an option as trade bait.

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Amen! Whether Hill was responsible for the coverage (he was) or not is not the question here. Thompson blew his help defense assignment then looked like a fool, missing the open field tackle as he was juked and had to give chase. Thompson was nowhere to be found in run support in the Denver game. An NFL safety needs to be everywhere at the same time and make plays. That's what we all loved about Blaine back in the day.

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

Rushing Stats
    Player No Yds Avg Long TD
    Travis Henry 30 94 3.1 12 2
    Chris Brown 27 94 3.5 21 0

chris brown ran against first stringers.
    travis henry ran against second stringers. even in the greenbay game... the pack had their backups in on the second series.
    3.1 compared to 3.5 is about 1ft4 inches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar