What do you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JMB54, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If I earned enough money that my babe had no need to work,I'd gladly appoint her as a professional home groomer.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Hold up. O.K., so I am a bit traditional in my thinking, but that's because of the environment that I grew up in. My Mom was/is a stay at home Mom, but that was because she was allowed to be. My Dad never did dishes or ran the vacuum, but that was because my Mom didn't work outside the home. Actually we have a maid to do most of the cleaning.

Not every woman can or should or wants to depend on a man for her financial well being. Not every man can handle having to solely take care of a family. A great deal of women would go insane if she didn't have a career and had to take care of the home. In a lot of cases, women are the wage earners and the men stay at home with the children.

My belief is that if both man and woman work, then the household duties should be shared. If the woman doesn't work, then her work becomes the house and cleaning and vacuuming is her work. I do think it's insane for a stay at home Mom to expect her husband to come home and help with the housework.

Maybe it's just my nature because I work a very stressful job, but I still cook and clean for my guy. We don't share a home, and I won't until I get married, but I do some of his household chores. I will fuss about it while I'm doing it, but I'm not showering in a stinky bathroom!:irked: However, I really do enjoy cooking because I fancy myself a gourmet chef!:yes:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

turns out BP is a blue collar slob.

nice posts Elf. I'm a part time home groomer myself. I don't think I've ever read a series of your posts that I've ever agreed with so whole heartedly. I find it a little curious you went from "if I get married" to "until I get married" but just the same you're sweetie for taking the time to break it down.

I hope Mrs. Bipolar logs on and shares her work in this thread. She has an exciting new career that has blossomed recently and for the first time ever I can proudly boast that my wife makes more money than me. :greedy: Whose the gold digger now? :ha:

Anyways, my line of work isn't as impressive as some I've seen in this thread thus far but I'm proud of what I do because not everyone has the mental fortitude or stamina to do it because it is very taxing mentally and physically. One upside is that I never have to work out because all I do is stay on my feet and bust ***.

Primarily my work is focused in the construction industry. I work for a very large mechanical contractor. A mechanical contractor is a firm whose specializes in the nuts and bolts so to speak of a buildings piping, plumbing, and hvac. My specialty falls under hvac. For those of you unfamiliar with the acronym it stands for "Heating-Ventilation-Air-Conditioning"

I am a journeyman sheet metal mechanic or sheet metal worker. I earned a certificate issued by the Department of Labor by completing a multi-year apprenticeship. In a nut shell what I do everyday is turn coiled metal into ductwork that is taken to a job site and installed. I custom fabricate each blank piece by piece and assemble them to completion. I use a lot of heavy equipment.

There is a certain degree of automation in the shop I work in because we have some very modern machinery but there is no way to take the sweat work out of duct construction. That stuff has to be right. Each day I come home dirty and sweaty... but I really love it... at least I must... I'm about to enter my eleventh year at it.

It pays the bills. At least some of them. :ha:

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

AllRIGHT BIPOLAR,
    you got it going on...

[​IMG]

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So wait, mom stayed at home while a maid cleaned? That must be nice. And I always loved to hear that old "most people couldn't stand being at home all the time with no job". Yeah. It'd be like summer vacation all over again, and we all know how bad those were.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Not working and staying at home seems like it would be nice but it gets boring really fast. I found after a month I was bored to tears.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

My mom was a stay at home mom too,
    not because she could afford to (my dad was a blue collar working stiff)
    but because that was the way everyone wanted it.

We couldn't afford a maid, or all the crap people seem to think they need today,
    but me and my brothers were afforded a mom who was always there for us.
    She kept up the house
    and kept up with us kids,
    while my dad worked his butt off long hours to provide all he could financially for us.

My dad was off working and missed all the tender moments my mom got to enjoy with her kids,
    but that was the roles that everyone accepted,
    and no one felt deprived.

On holidays, when my dad got to be off,
    his brothers and sister would come in and stay at my grandmothers.
    The women would spend all day cooking a feast,
    and when it was ready,
    all the men would get to sit down and eat while the women served them.
    After they were full
    the women would clean up and wash their dishes.

THEN the women would sit down and eat,
    while the men sat outside on the patio and smoked cigars and BS'ed
    while us kids cranked the homemade ice cream maker.

Later we all ate ice cream
    sat off fireworks
    and gave thanks to God for all we had.

Then, in just ONE generation,
    I"m expected to be completely different from my father
    and all the generations before
    and do housework or whatever.

Geez, why couldn't we ease into all the changes we have today.

I still think the world was a happier place for everyone
    when it was "a man's world" and roles were clearly identified.
    It was a trade off for both sex'es
    but overall people were more relaxed and less stressed than today.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    It's different when you have Geoffrey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar