What do you hope for in Round 2?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 20, 2015.

?
  1. Todd Gurley RB

26.5%
  2. Melvin Gordon RB

11.8%
  3. Offensive Tackle

14.7%
  4. Jaelen Strong WR

2.9%
  5. Dorial Green Beckham WR

32.4%
  6. Other WR

2.9%
  7. Corner Back

2.9%
  8. Jordan Phillips DT

2.9%
  9. Owamagbe Odighizuwa OLB

2.9%
  10. Benardrick McKinney ILB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other LB/DE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I tried to list some names that are realistic potential slip candidates to round 2. If you choose "other" list the name in the thread and discuss.

Personally, I would really be excited if Jordan Phillips slipped and we were able to draft him in round2. I want a true NT that can be here for a decade. Adding LW in the first and with our free agent moves would really transform our Defense, but even without the LW selection, Phillips would be a quality added piece for years (I hope/think).

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The 2nd round pick can do no wrong, we have what 6 guys/positions we could improve? Imo the pick can go any way and be a good pick.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree with Bravey. We need so much help on both sides of the ball there are a number of ways we could go with that pick. Personally I'd like to see us split up our 1st two picks between offense and defense. If we go Mariota, maybe go for BPA defense in the 2nd. If we go Williams, maybe go for a BPA offensive skill position player.

But really at the end of the day I'm fine with BPA either way. I'm just hoping for no OLmen with our 1st two picks. I know we could use the help but f*** I am sick of being all excited for the draft and then watching us draft the least exciting positions in football.

#3 SawdustMan, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

IMO it has to be either RB/WR/RT. We don't know what Sankey is and have nobody else with good speed to run inside the tackles or that is healthy. We also do not have a true #1 WR, and we have a sub par RT. They have to lock those down, or defenses will chew us up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

There are several guys I like. I think OT would be the best bet because it's the biggest hole and there could be some guys fall that have a 1st round grade. This pick is prime for a trade as well. If someone has two 2nd rounders this year, I wouldn't mind taking them both and stocking up.

Here are some players I like in the 2nd. Not saying they will all be there, but the ones that have a chance to be.

- Jaelen Strong WR ASU
    - Nate Orchard OLB Utah
    - Marcus Peters CB Washington
    - Jalen Collins CB LSU
    - Ereck Flowers OT Miami
    - TJ Clemmings OT Pitt
    - Dorial Green-Beckham WR Oklahoma (Missouri)

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Gurley, Gordon, or Breshad Perriman.

Those would be my dreams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree, but most people I assume have a favorite like me. Thought it would be interesting to discuss the possibilities and see which way the forum leans.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

DGB or Peters. We need to get some talent on this team bad. I don't care about the off field stuff. If we have a chance to get a guy with top 10 potential in the 2nd we HAVE to pull the trigger. No question.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'll take Gurley. I would hate spending back to back 2nd's on the RB position but when Gurley is healthy he can be the top RB in the NFL. However, he's probably going in the 1st. So give me BPA at WR. I want to go offense heavy in the draft, it was worse than our defense last season after all.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll take BPA.

And before Gut has a heart attack about the term "BPA," I mean it to the literalist sense. We suck. No one's job is safe.

The best guy on the board is a natural LT? Too bad. Put him in at RT. Melvin Gordon is available at 33? Screw you, Sankey. Gordon is 100x better.

About the only spot I wouldn't take BPA is MLB. I like the potential of Williamson and Brown inside.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar