What do you really think of Cortland?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

First off, I should say I've always liked Finnegan (and still do at this point). At the same time, I know I'd no doubt hate his guts if he played for another ball club. He's starting to get national recognition for all the wrong reasons. I love feisty guys. But he seems to take it too far on a fairly regular basis. I know it's a physical game and all that. But there has to be a line somewhere.

I know today Andre was totally out of line throwing punches. But I think there is something to be said for the fact that AJ is known as a pretty calm guy and doesn't have a history of this kind of thing. Finny on the other hand.... well.

Again, I like physical guys that aren't afraid to knock people in the mouth (legally). But there's a difference between a tough, yet respectable, football player and a straight-up punk. Unfortunately, I think Finnegan is starting to be more of the latter.

Did you see him smiling at the Texans bench and fans as if he was proud after the fight? That just proves that these weren't the actions of a guy whose emotions simply got the best of him. These were the actions of an instigating punk, plain and simple.

Cortland has been my favorite Titan the past few years. Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose a bit of respect for him. I'll root for him for as long as he's a Titan. Just wish he'd tone the bad boy act down a notch. He's trying way too hard.

What do you guys think? Fine with it? Getting tired of it? Been tired of it?

2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

I adore him.

He is getting burned a lot, though

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Honestly if Finnegan did this earlier in the game...It would have helped us hugely, his edgy style of play throws players off and I like it. Having said that, I would absolutely HATE him if he wasn't a Titan because of how he plays. And yeah he could tone it down today, but really AJ was the one who blew the situation up today.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

There is a line between being competitive and "feisty" and being a punk. Cortland crossed that line this year several times... AJ was owning his a** (yet again), and Finny just took it too far if you ask me. The other side of this thing is that Finny hasn't exactly been mind-blowingly awesome as a defender this year. If he was doing what Revis does to every opposing # 1 wideout I suppose I'd probably be a little more willing to look the other way at his sophmoric antics, but he's been relatively unimpressive in that respect and he needs to chill out and quit acting like a punk if you ask me.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9 for 56 isn\'t getting owned. Not even close.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I loves me some CF - can I haves some more please?

7. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Did any of you blind people see the play before and what AJ did to him?? It on youtube look. Stop hating on finny! He got back at AJ as well as he could and once again AJ rips CF's helpmet off. AJ should be suspended for throwing the punches not CF. CF was going trying to get even by ripping AJ's helmet off and AJ goes nuts and tries to beat him up. Personal foul yeah, what AJ did thats suspension....

8. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

I think we should trade Cortland Finnegan for Andre Johnson.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

What do I think of Cortland Finnegan? He is my favorite player currently on this team and my second favorite Titan of all time. High five t anyone who can guess the first...

10. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Finn is quickly becoming my favorite Titans. This is not because of the fight, I just enjoy his play style. I like seeing a player who isnt even 6ft tall get in the face of big time receivers and never back down. If he was in AJ's head earlier maybe we would have gotten him off his game.

His personalty is what our entire teams personalty was at the beginning of the season. We were never the biggest or the best but we never backed down and got into other players heads. I love his effort and the way he plays. The fight was kindof BS especially since everyone is blaming Finn when in my opinion he did nothing wrong. I didnt really like how he acted after the fight but at least he shows that he isnt going to take and is making a name for himself.

:logo:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar