What do you want vs What do you think...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

1) He's always injured
    2) He's got the football heart of a sleepy kitten
    3) Arrogant diva who makes teammates and coaching staff walk on eggshells as to not bruise his tender persona
    4) Can't nobody tell him nothing
    5) Can't read a defense

shall I go on?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What I want (realistically).

- Get Rob Ryan as the HC and maybe someone like John Fox as defensive coordinator. Also maybe Norv Turner as offensive coordinator (can we all agree these guys will be fired?)
    - Cut Vince Young and get a guy like Ryan Mallett or Andrew Luck (very unlikely), although maybe use Hope/Finnigan and draft picks as bargaining chips to move up? Maybe? Just a thought.
    - I'm sick and damn tired of being a run first team, let's build an offense than can win games in the air, forget this game manager crap. When's the last time a team won a Superbowl that way? Trent Dilfer? Brad Johnson? Give me a break, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, those kinda players/teams win Superbowls all the time. Trent Dilfer doesn't.

What will happen.

We go 7-9 next year with Fisher coaching and Young at QB.

3. amy

amy Starter

What I want: Bud getting rid of Fisher and VY and most of the coaching staff.
    What I think: Fisher will resign, the man child will get his money and an a five year extension, and a loser for a coach will be hired. Yes, that's pessimistic, but face it, it's Bud Adams we're dealing with here.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen to that Eddy. That sh!+ has gotten old a long time ago. He was running CJ like he was Eddie and now he's not even running him at all. Sh!+ is wizzeak!

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree as well...I would have loved to have seen the #s McNair would have put up if the offense had been more open. Hopefully we get a new coach that is willing to do that, and a QB that is capable of doing it.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't think that's asking too much but Bud's really not gonna let either one of them go. Fisher will have to ask out for Bud to just let him out of his contract. I don't see him firing Fish though. He's old school. Or maybe just old.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

IMO Ron Rivera/ Rob Ryan are about the only decent head coaching choices we will have. Jon Gruden will be in Cleveland/San Fransisco and Jim Harbaugh will go to Michigan.

The only problem I have with Ryan is he will probably try and change this team to a 3-4. That would mean we would need a NT (Brown and Jones can play 5 tech) and a Morgan would need to play OLB. Rivera however has had top five units with two different teams using both the cover 2 (Bears) and the 3-4 (Chargers). Also Rivera defenses > Peyton Manning...

8. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Have you watched much of Ryan Mallett? Dude has a major issue with decision making that cost Arkansas a win against Alabama. I don't trust that guy as a pro. He's got all the natural ability but I just don't think he's got the vision. Luck would be best, but 1st round QBs are always such a crap shoot.

Idk, I still think Vince gives us the best chance to win right now if we can get a HC who will work with him. Who knows though.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

What I want:

More wins.

What I think: we won't get more wins.

1) Fisher can't coach
    2) VY can't sit at the big kids table
    3) Cecil sucks
    4) The interior of our offensive line falls over easier than Lindsey Lohan at a c0cktail party
    5) Justin Gage, Bo Scaife, Donnie Nickey, and Chris Hope are sill Titans
    6) Our linebackers can't cover anything to save their lives
    7) Our ENTIRE defense can't tackle
    8) You might as well throw a flag every 2 plays even when we DON'T commit a penalty (because the Titans are perpetually off sides or false starting/lining up in the neutral zone or encroaching
    9) Our run game is non-existent with the most dynamic running back in the league
    10) Our offense is non-existent with the best WR corps. we've ever had
    11) Bud Adams is a moron.

I can keep going but I have to get up at 3:30 for work and want to get SOME sleep.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Want:

Cowher (never gonna happen I know), Jim Harbaugh, or Ron Rivera
    Vick (see Cowher, never) or Volek (simply for the FU to Fisher - but seriously, just any QB who can throw, doesn't need to be Brady)

Think:

McGinnis
    VY + veteran-backup-warning-flag-to-VY

I'm ok with that, too. I'm still supporting VY simply based on his on-field development this year, but he's out of his 9 lives with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar