What does Mariota need to work on to beat the Bills?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

For me it's all about our OL vs Bufs DL. If we can give Mariota time in the pocket, he'll be fine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

CJ in his prime is the only player I can remember that could just flat out out-run even the best angles.

So unless you run a 4.24, it ain't happening.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yea. I don't think we knew what we had. Players just don't take over like that in the NFL. But CJ did it game after game. To some really good teams and defenses. And it wasn't just stuff outside.

Good to see him do good in Arizona even if its not with us.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How did this get you a pigeon bomb?

oh never mind, I see who bombed it lol

#44 JCBRAVE, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Drinking and typing again?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

must be the allergy medicikine

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

In a straight line and still got zero yards on the play

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

If Sammy Watkins is out, this may very well be one of the weakest WR groups the Titans will play all year. I know they have Harvin, but I can't remember the last time he actually made a good play that wasn't a gadget play or some sort of screen.

McCoy is out, Karlos Williams is out with a concussion.

This Bills offense may literally have no weapons, unless you include Charles Clay. So our secondary better be able to handle this group.

9. When we played the Bills we grossly underestimated Ron Darby. He didn't look very good in the preseason, but week 1 rolled around and he was all over the field. They put him on TY Hilton, and Hilton only caught 2 passes for 20-some yards, plus Darby had an INT while covering him. It was a poorly thrown ball, but he still made the play. Gilmore, outside of one long play to TY Hilton whom he guarded a handful of times, shut down Moncrief and Andre Johnson (the latter should be on the bench, what a swing and a miss that guy's been so far).

Where they are definitely susceptible is in their S/LB coverage. Bradham has been inept at covering running backs having given up nearly 150 yards to opposing RBs this season (which really makes me question why we didn't throw to our backs more than 3 times out of 49 attempts). I don't know a ton about the Titans offense with Mariota at the helm, but I would think Delanie Walker and Dexter McCluster should have a field day as far as the passing game goes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. IceBurg

IceBurg Rookie

I'd say ball security, I've given up on him ever getting a deep ball with his arm strength. Try not to cough the ball up when you think you're going to get hit and no more pick sixes.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar