What game(s) are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryudo, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Me and my friends don't buy digital for this reason. Guess it's cause we grew up buying games, and trading them to each other after a while.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. Can't borrow/bring games over to someone's house.
    2. No used game market.
    3. If I don't like a game I bought new I can't turn around and sell it on eBay and recoup most of my $63.
    4. Bandwith. Second world countries don't have the ability to download 40GB games.
    5. Rural areas in the US would experience the same problems^^
    6. Game preservation.

When game sales are mostly digital we give power to the publishers.

Other than less clutter, I can't really think of a positive of digital.

#2042 Fry, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I sold a few hundred of mine for pennies on the dollar. Then I decided eff it, might as well just keep em. I still keep a lot of my collection displayed even though I watch maybe a handful of DVDs every year lol. Maybe hipsters will decide they're cool again in about 20 years.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Instant gratification is about the only one I can think of.

I certainly get the arguments against digital. But personally, I think it's silly to think we're not heading toward an all digital world.

Point #1 should be an easy problem to solve (using rental/borrow codes or something). This is of course assuming the publishers care to solve it. Which they probably don't.

Point #4 & 5 are issues that no doubt will be fixed/get better in time. Technology will continue to improve.

5. Fry

I'm sure they'd allow it for a nominal fee. Like Nintendo allowing you to move NES virtual console games you bought on the Wii to the WiiU for $1 a piece and SNES for $1.50 a piece.

So nice of them.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

You can return games on steam

7. Fry

Can you return games on PSN and Nintendo's platform?

There are ways around it. Play up to a certain percentage and return it because you don't like it or something like that. What is the incentive for publishers to allow it though? If I buy a game from Target and hate it, I can sell it one eBay and get most of my money back. Target still makes its $10 and the publisher gets the game sold.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Beta's where it's at!

9. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Nah just steam. They allow you to return it if you have under 5 hours playtime.

Publishers wouldn't allow it but they have to. Steam is the largest platform. Steam will say this is our policy for our consumers, if you don't like it sell elsewhere. Devs have no choice in it, they have to suck it up.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I do. Wife and I have been playing Super Mario and Donkey Kong.

Do you have a link on how to root it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar