What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

My apologies in advance, I'm sure that this has been discussed already but I was too lazy to read through all the threads ;)

The signing of Collins baffles me! The only thing that baffles me more is the Raiders signing Jeff George. Is he still alive? :grrhee:

So now we have a po'd starting quarterback, we have a head coach that said basically tough chit, that's the NFL, we wanted to bring in competition at the quarterback position..... HUH?

The Titans brass must really be unhappy with BV. The question is, how does BV react? Does he take a "screw you" kind of attitude and doesn't give a flying flip? Or does this motivate him to go out and kick butt? Joe Montana couldn't kick butt behind the Titans offensive line, so I doubt Billy will have any luck either.

This organization has taken on a new light in many ways. It's odd, the whole complex of the team and everything it stands for seems to be moving in a different direction than what I've been used to. I think this has been going on for a couple of years and I've just been in denial, but this is definately a different team. I look forward to the day where we're talking about winning again and not about a player getting arrested, or another player telling the media that the team is undiciplined and that players need to get with it or told to leave. The team has lost some unity, and I'd like to see them get that back. It may be too late though.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

There has been something going on that most fans have not been aware of. You can just see the frustration and unhappiness in Billy Volek everytime he comes off of the field or even in the interviews he gives. It may come from what he is being asked to do or not do by Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher. We will soon find out.

3. This should motivate him, its sport you know, its what happens

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I first noticed it when they drafted Adam Jones. At the time of Moss/Dyson they would never have drafted someone like Adam Jones. (Please, I don't want to start a debate about that decision, just that it showed a change of team direction from the past).

Winning cures a lot of ills, and if they can get back to being a contender again I think a lot of these distractions will go away. But it's not so easy to climb back up the mountain once you fallen.
    As fans we have to believe they can.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The way I see it we are getting a has been for a never was.

Looking to next weeks game at GB...
    That will be very interesting. I'm watching GB at CIN right now.

Farve looks like crap. That doesn't really help Volek much I know I'm just saying... It looks like Volek-Young-Collins will have another poor team to practice sucking with. Cinci looks very sharp. I did not realize their D was as fast as it is. I think they have improved on that side of the ball.

Volek has a shot at putting up two TD right off. Now how sweet would that be? It would prime him for a start vs. NYJ. But I, like many, don't have a great deal of faith in him. So far this preaseason he hasn't shown me the stuff I was hoping for. I thought he was the "great white hope" but so far as best as I can tell he is the "great white dope" ... sure... you can take penalties off his stats and cite a few percentages and make him sound ok... I'm not rivoted when I watch him. It's more like I take breaths and exhale in disappointment.

There is a litany of tired explanations and rationalizations that can be made for him and his play... The thing is... he's not all that bad... it's just that he is not all that good. And Collins?:ha: I think they are putting Volek on a preaseason stage to shine and if they feel like they can really go with Collins and get that player they need... they will do it. I don't think they are going to know what they are going to do until they do it. It will be interesting to say the least watching it play out. I have no idea what will happen.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Screw Volek!

He has had his chance. He's sucked all pre-season, & he sucked all last season. Everyone dwells on the fact that he had a few good games two years ago when he passed 60 times a game under a different offense.

He proved last year that he's weak. WEAK!

We'd win three games TOPS with him. & that's IF he could go more than two games without nursing an injury. Blame the line, blame whatever ... he sucks. He's a spot back-up, & he's never looked better than he did when he was holding a clipboard on the sideline.

Now he thinks he's in a position to be the next Drew Brees? Playing his way into to a sweet deal next off-season with another team?

Boo Billy Volek! Hoo-Ray Beer!

At least with Collins or an unseasoned Vince, we stand a chance of winning a whole FIVE games this year.

It's Chandler/McNair all over again, I'm telling ya. That's what Fish does.

I predict Volek gets CUT.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Tell us how you really feel Pig ;)

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not hard to fiqure how Gene got his nickname.

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

:hmm:

Am I right, or am I right? :yes:

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:ha:

Gene the PIG kicks ***. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar