What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Washington
    Cleveland
    New Orleans
    San Diego

Offhand...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What happened to Drew Brees? New Orleans?

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Prediction: In this new direction the team is headed, in an effort to jumpstart the winning ways, usher in the Vince Young era, and not repeat the Dyson/Moss history, the Titans use a large chunk of free agent money to sign the recently-departed-from-Dallas T.O.

Mark it. (But don't hit me.) :hmm:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

T.O.?

:nana2: :banana:

seriously, what is up in the Big Easy?

5. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

Cleveland would definitely be the best option for Volek

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You know, when we run the no huddle, Billy looks pretty good. Why wouldn't they do that more? Answer: because that's not how we want to do it, even if it works. Colts will do it all the time. If they no huddled or went to "hurry up" more, we'd get more points, and we'd likely be able to run better.

I don't know, but they're not playing to Billy's strengths, it seems. It may not matter, but I tell you, I feel a little bad for him. In the end, he does have to suck up, but I think he's getting "the treatment" instead of The Treatment.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, the tunes changed all of a sudden once Collins was deposited into the water. (Ewwww!)

Probably what people do to accept change they really didn't want.

If it's better than having Volek, okay, but I am not sure we're going to get the chance to find out.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Wow. ok. Does New Orleans need a quality back-up? This article suggests they need all kinds of help, kind of like us. Ironically, the Colts are involved. I'd give Drew Brees more time than we are giving Billy Volek.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunher...urce=rss&channel=sunherald_new_orleans_saints
    OT:
    When Brees' turn came, however, the Saints hit a brick wall. Brees forced some passes that weren't there. He had some receivers let him down. He threw two first-half interceptions, one of them in the end zone, as Manning and the Colts strolled to a 27-14 victory in an NFL exhibition game

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

some good discussion and insight in this thread...after the site was hacked, this is my first time reading stuff...good start...

I lean towards the thought that the Coach's were really turned off by Volek in some way...and that they signed Collins knowing he would start from Day 1...

Personally, I'd like to see Volek traded...

this may be totally unrealistic...

but I'd go for Volek and Sirmon for Donnie Edwards...

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm kind of feeling the same way. Not 100% on it, but suspicious. What I'm really wondering (because I've seen Chow call downfield plays before -- it's not like it's alien to him) is if the terrible play calling was for Billy primarily, so they could bring in Collins and suddenly start saying that Billy hasn't been playing to expectations. Now I will concur, he's missed some easy reads that would play to his strengths, but I don't think they've tailored the game to him, which you would tend to do if you were behind your starter and wanted them to succeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar