What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Who is behind Brees? Jamie Martin and Todd Bouman, in that order. I think Billy could fit in there right behind Brees.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I hate to be a rumor starter (maybe I should start a thread in the rumor mill, but I'll contribute it here) or perpetrator, but while the site was down, I read Collins has been sitting quietly in Nashville for the last 3 months.

I don't know how true it is, but if so, it creates a lot of interesting possibilities we don't know about -- not all of them ethical, IMO, but kind of exciting.
    Felt good to say that.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

where did you read that at?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's probably been staring down a bottle of Jack.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If anything it would be San Diego. Two rookie QBs with no vet experience does not add up to good if Rivers is hurt or sucks.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If this last preseason game was played here how would Collins be received when introduced...I am thinking he would be boo'ed

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'd probably boo him... from someone else's expensive seats.

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

It seemed like a different Volek when he ran the no huddle at the end of the half last game. I am beginning to think that he was doing better because he was calling his own plays. I may be wrong. Chow could have been screaming plays into his helmet. If that's the case, maybe the Titans should always run a 2 minute drill. :)) Then, the defense would have to be in the top 5... Seriously though, Volek could get to a Super Bowl IF he had a much improved O-line. That goes with assuming that our defense would be a lot better and our running game would be good due to our improved O-line. I know that the Volek haters will get on here and bash me because I invoked Volek and Super Bowl in the same sentence. Hear me out. You wonder why Edgerrin James had 1 yard in 7 carries in their last game. That is telling of their weak O-line. I hate to say this, but it is part of the reason that David Carr was sacked so many times last season. Both Carr and Volek are average QBs. They can get the job done with a good O-line. It seems to me that the Titans are looking for a one man team quality QB. They would rather ruffle the feathers of one QB than a couple of O-linemen. I know that Fisher said that he was pulling Pillar and I applaud him for that. The preseason is for experimenting with a young team and certain hidden talent in the ranks. I got news for Reese. Collins may be a well established QB, but he isn't a great QB. At least, he won't be behind the Titans Oline. I will laugh if Volek gets traded to Cleveland and excels. I just seen a clip on News 2 where Fisher was asked if he had a QB lineup yet and he said yes, but would not comment on it. He had a smirk on his face as he said that he would play some of Matt Mauck in the final preseason game. Then the Sportscaster said "You know that they will be playing Young and definitely Collins... You got to wonder who won't have playing time Friday." :irked:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I heard the Billy Volek dressup like a woman and stole some midgets wallet at some dive in Murfreesboro last week.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I hate to say this but I am ashamed at the way we treat our players, the Titans employees (I realize I am just a fan so save it). This is all about money and all about winning but do it with dignity. Do not go out selling out the heart of your team in the name of rebuild. If Volek got injured we could have signed Collins in a heart beat. Maybe Young gets one game start before he is up to speed (good learning exp anyways) Collins is ready to play. Volek has had balls dropped on him and some penalties out of desperation. This guy deserves 4 quarters to prove himself, in regular season. He has sat behind a hobbling McNair for season after season and we do not give him one game to start? Weak IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar